Monday, November 24, 2008

Twirl-Girl

I am totally a Twirl-Girl, so whatcha gonna do about it?! LOL! If you are not a Twilight fan, or if you are not interested in Twilight in the slightest, you can go ahead and skip this post. =D I didn't include any spoilers, for those of you who didn't read the book.

Rachel, Scott, Travis and I went to see the Twilight movie yesterday and IT WAS AWESOME. We wore our Twilight-support buttons and everything (well at least Rachel and I did). Alexa was planning to go, but Blair seems to be getting worse and she didn't want to leave him alone. Poor baby! Now back to the movie...

Travis and Scott have not read the books, so I don't feel that they are a good judge of the film. But Rachel and I thought it was great. It went right along with the storyline of the book. There are some things that were left out, but all in all I think they did a good job of keeping up with the main idea. I was worried that the movie would skip important parts from the book, like some of the Harry Potter films. Thankfully that was not the case! Travis said he would see the next film in the Twilight series (I'm hoping they'll make one!), but he wouldn't buy the DVD. Ha! Well I am!

I think they chose good actors to play each character, for the most part. For one, I totally did not picture Laurent to be African-American. I kept giggling during his parts because I kept picturing that actor as the Mormon student on the television show House.

I also had trouble with the actress who played Esme because she had a relatively large part in one of my favorite TV shows, Grey's Anatomy. Esme doesn't play a huge role in Twilight, so I guess this was a nice way to get warmed up to her as the part. In what little time she does actually have, she did a good job of not being like her character in Grey's. Which I suppose is easy since she ends up having some serious psychological issues in the TV show. VERY unlike Esme.

One more thing about the actors - I think the actress who plays Rosalie is SO wrong for the part. Rosalie is supposed to be the most beautiful blond bombshell Bella has ever seen and I just don't get that feeling from this actress. I looked up photos of her with her natural brunette hair and she seems so much prettier. Blond is just not a good color for her.

Watching the movie at the theater was funny in itself. Every time a main character would have their first scene everyone in the theater would giggle. Obvious Twilight fans. And Rachel and I were two of them. We saw the movie far enough from it's opening date that we didn't have to worry about long ticket lines or finding four seats together in the theater. It probably helped that we went in the middle of the day. Watching that movie had a similar effect to reading the books. As soon as the movie was over I wanted MORE. When is the next film coming out?! Is the next film going to be made?! It has to be!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

you are totally right...Rosalie looks so amazing as a brunette. blonde is definitely not her best color...

scott asked if i owned the books because he wanted to read them on the plane....wuahahaha...we're winning him over!!!!!

Nikki said...

Then I'm bringing the books for him tomorrow!

PS - Rachel said she read an article stating that they plan to make the second movie. Hooray!

Powered By Blogger