Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Eyes of our Home

Travis got Employee of the Month! Not only did he recieve a certificate stating this (woohoo!), but he also got a gift card to Walmart! Very exciting, I know. I asked him what he was going to buy with it - I was figuring tools or something for his truck - but he said curtains. Curtains! Too funny. I felt guilty not buying groceries, because honestly that's what we should of done. But we ALWAYS do the "right" thing. We decided to live on the wild side and buy the curtains. LOL! We bought floor length red for the dining room and short white for the living room. I think the red looks GRAND.



The thought process behind the short in the living room is that we have a futon pushed up against those windows and I do not like how smashed curtains look when they are forced behind furniture. But after we got them up we decided that there is something wrong with them. We can't decide of it's the white or the length. I need opinions - so please help! You know, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe we could wedge a board behind the futon so it doesn't butt up against the wall. Then we could fit floor length curtains behind there without getting mushed. Hmmm...


You may have noticed the lamp lacking from our coffee table. Somehow Travis managed to knock everything off that table onto a lady bug floor light and break EVERYTHING. =( Just something else we'll have to buy, I suppose. The white curtains seems so plain at night - especially when you look over to the right and see the awesome red curtains in the dining room. But I do like how the white becomes almost shear during the day time.


One last thing. Because I didn't want too much solid red in the dining room, I decided to recover the dining room chairs. I bought the fabric while holding the curtains next to it to make sure they would match. I think I focused too much on what it looked like next to the curtains because I didn't even think about the fact that the chairs are white. I'm afraid this cream fabric will make it look dirty, so I haven't been able to get myself to put the new on yet. I really like it by itself so I was trying to think of somewhere else I could use it... still thinking...
Check out the polls I put up on the left side of the screen. Opinions are good. =)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger