Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

After Aiden's fateful nap, we headed to Galveston for a Super Bowl party at Ariel and Robert's house. We were REALLY hoping the Bears would make it, to make the game a little more interesting. Since they lost to the Packers, we decided that if anyone should win, it would have to be the Packers. They were good enough to beat the Bears, so they should be good enough to win the Super Bowl. Plus, my dad's family is all from Wisconsin. That's how we chose which team to root for. Ha!

We just happened to have a green and yellow outfit for Aiden to wear. I think we got it from Logan? Either way, it was cute!


I brought cold spaghetti (a family recipe for pasta salad that involves Salad Supreme), grape jelly meatballs and buffalo wing dip. I think next time I'll try it with the mozzarella cheese and ranch dressing. That sounds pretty awesome.

Everyone that came brought food. There were chips with at least four different dips, buffalo wings and sausage. There were a good amount of people there who all took turns playing with Aiden. Aiden relished the attention.

Travis, Dana and Anthony:


Zhenya, Kostya and I:


Robert and his friend Caleb:


I didn't get my camera out until after Aiden had gone to bed, so I only took these three photos. Sometimes I'm good with the camera, sometimes I'm not! That means there is no picture of Ariel. =(

I didn't get some good conversation time with Ariel. We usually can't talk very much because Aiden is taking up my energy, or there are lots of people around which limits our conversation topics. It was nice to have just her and I for a few minutes!!
My one mistake was staying there until 11 o'clock. I was so tired the next day. I hate being tired. It was worth it though!

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

Haha...yes, that outfit brings back some memories! LOL

Powered By Blogger