Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mickey the Mommy

Aiden has recently begun calling us Tabis and Mickey. We would prefer to go by Daddy and Mommy, so we were contemplating on how to handle the situation. We came up with the following resolution: 1) Start calling each other Mommy and Daddy all the time. 2) Ignore him when he calls us by our birth names.

Yesterday I picked up Aiden from daycare and we were only a couple blocks away when Aiden quietly says, "Mickey?" I wasn't sure if he said 'Mickey' or 'Mommy', so I waited a moment.

"Mickey?"

Silence from my end.

"Mickey?"

Again with the silence.

"Mickey?? Mickey??? Mickey?!?! MICKEEEEEEYYYYY!!!!"

Silence.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Aiden?"

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Bahahahaha!!! How has no one commented on this! This made me laugh SO HARD!!!! I actually just had to go back and read it again b/c it was so funny!!

Nikki said...

Haha! I don't know because i thought it was pretty funny myself...

Powered By Blogger