Thursday, August 25, 2011

Scaredy Cat

Years ago, Travis used to like to scare me when I was in the shower. I would be minding my own business, rinsing my hair out in the spray, and when I opened my eyes, Travis' head would be peeking through the curtain. Scared me EVERY time. If I could've chased him safely, I would have whacked him on the head. I HATE to be startled.


Fast forward a few years. Aiden recently started getting out of bed in the middle of the night or early morning and coming into our bedroom. He used to come around to my side of the bed (he probably tried Travis at first but then realized that's like waking the dead) and get my attention. I would walk him back to bed and that would be it. Until an hour later, or maybe not again until the next night.


Now when I hear him talking or trying to open his bedroom door (it sticks really bad), I wake up and lay there waiting for him to come in. Yesterday morning I heard his door open, but Aiden never came around to get me. I sat up to look at the door and he was just standing there staring at Travis. Scared the living daylights out of me. Thankfully he ran back into his bedroom on his own and shut the door. Then my alarm went off. He got up one minute before my alarm went off.


Side note: Aiden used to sleep in until an hour after my alarm went off. I can't tell what's causing this new earlier wake time. It's either Travis' new alarm that sounds like a fire detector going off, or the excitement of getting to watch TV. He started waking up so early that he would get bored before I was done getting ready, so I started letting him watch TV. Now I think he's so excited to watch TV that he's getting up earlier than he should. Time to nip that in the bud.


So! Aiden scares me when he stands silently in our dark room. He also scares me when he quietly comes out of his bedroom and stands in the doorway of the bathroom where I'm getting ready. I don't know why, but him getting up on his own startles me every time. I think I've seen one too many scary movies with little creatures running around. I'm used to seeing an adult closer to my height walking around the house.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger