Thursday, August 4, 2011

More from Luke's party

I mentioned it in the last post about Luke's party, but our friend Katie brought her giant new lens and camera to the party and took a bunch of pictures. She finally got through editing them all and passed them along to Linsey and Zach. They in turn, forwarded a few to me and then I forwarded a few along to others. Katie did such a great job. We need to have her take some family photos for us. That would be really interesting with Aiden the Irritable. HA.


Nadya, Kate, Aiden and I




Enjoying the A/C: Kate, Nadya, Alexa and Aiden



Cake time!

That's Zach's mom in the flowered shirt and Linsey's mom in the red top.



Me with my gimp foot (unable to proplery watch the candle blowing)...


Skylar and Daddy


On a side note, I totally have body dysmorphic disorder. I don't obsess over it and I am by no means anorexic (I'm too hungry for that), but I am unhappy with my body. But then I see photos like this and I am ten times thinner than I imagine in my head. Why do I do that?

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

I think everyone has a form of this disorder. Vanessa and I were just talkin about it yesterday...She was telling me how skinny I was...and I was trying to convince her that I wasn't skinny and I need a tummy tuck...Then I was explaining to her that she is not "stumpy" (as she calls herself) and that I would kill to have her body - unfortunately, she doesn't see it.
I completely know what you mean though. There are a lot of photos that I look at and think - wow...my stomach doesn't look nearly as bad in the photo as it does in my head! I dont know how to get over it...it is what it is I guess. The older we get the harder it is to maintain certain things...aging pretty much sucks - then you throw having children into the mix and it just makes it harder! Yikes!
But honestly Nikki, I think you look amazing. When I start thinking about something on my body that I dont like - I try to think about things I do like....sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't...like right now! (I'll explain in my blog)

Powered By Blogger