Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sanguine

Last year, Travis, Aiden and I visited David, Stephanie and Wednesday in New Orleans. While we were there, Stephanie mentioned that she couldn't wait to watch the next episode of True Blood. They bought Seasons 1 and 2 and were watching the episodes consecutively. Stephanie was trying be a polite hostess and not pull out the DVD's while we were there. I told her to go ahead because I had heard good things about the show. If we liked it, then maybe we could catch up as well.


Turns out, we both liked it! They loaned us the first season so we could get started. Since they live so far away, we were barely able to return Season 1, let alone go get Season 2. Instead, I got the second season from a friend right here at work. So when Season 3 started a few weeks ago, I was thrilled to get a standing invitation from my friend Michelle to watch it at her house. True Blood is aired exclusively on HBO - a channel we do not get. Michelle got HBO only so she could watch this season live. I was totally on board.


It's been going pretty well so far. The only downfall is that the show starts at 8pm, which is when Aiden usually lies down for bedtime. To help make up for this new late bedtime on Sundays, we let him sleep as late as he wants during nap time that day. There was one day that he refused to take a nap and that ended in a complete fiasco at Michelle's house. At one point Aiden started head banging. On his own.


It's pretty fun going over there though. We bring food and/or drinks. Last week, another girl from work came over as well. We talk a little and Travis even seems to enjoy himself, despite being the only guy present (aside from Aiden).


Saturday evening I got another fire ant bite. This time I've take a few countermeasures to help prevent the extreme swelling I had last week. I've tried to stay out of the heat as much as possible. When I am outside, I try to keep my foot up and iced. I took a Benadryl at bedtime the first night I got bit and I've been taking Ibuprofen a couple times a day to help control the swelling. It has gotten a little more swollen every few hours, but nothing like it was last time. The worst part is that the bite is exactly where the sandal strap lays on my foot. So I can't wear regular sandals. I have a fancy pair of Greek sandals that I wore all day Sunday. I felt overdressed the whole day, but at least I didn't want to scratch the skin right off my foot.

2 comments:

Alexa said...

I have not seen this past Sunday yet, IT IS KILLING ME. Easily my most favorite show EVER. BTW, you are always invited to our house to watch it as well :)

Nikki said...

Mine too! It helps that Travis likes it as well. We actually don't have that many shows that we both like enough to record and make time to watch. I'll keep that invite in mind - thanks! =D

Powered By Blogger