Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Devoted Dad

"I saw a wino eating grapes and I was like, 'Dude, you gotta wait.'" -Mitch Hedberg

After the trip to San Antonio, we decided to come home right after brunch. That gave us a little time to take a nap and get unpacked. I was able to play a little catch-up on a few much needed house chores. My dad was able to round up the whole family for an evening of music and food at the local winery. We did a little wine tasting inside the winery to help choose which wines we wanted to buy. I'm not going to go into detail about how many bottles we purchased between the four of us (we bought for my dad). =) With wine in hand, we headed out back to grab our food and find a spot to sit. There was a woman performing blues and they served sandwiches and salads for dinner. It was a very nice evening to be spent outdoors. I was surprised at how many people were there. I would really like to go back again this summer. They have someone performing there every weekend. If we do go back, I have to remember to bring chairs - that place was packed! There were even people who brought their own tent and set up shop out in the middle of the grass! Hard core.

The other performer of the evening was..... ROBERT!

"The Kids"


After the winery, we drove by the Dragon's Den. AKA, the leader of the KKK. SCARY. I really don't understand that mentality, but that guy has absolutely no problem advertising who he is for everyone to see. He has a giant dragon statue that appears to be swimming in and out of his lawn. And there is a giant fountain out front with a million dragons all over it. Disgusting. We stopped at a nearby gas station and look who we saw:

Us! Live! On TV!!

Here's a close-up:


Everyone stopped by our house for a little while to play Guitar Hero. We are currently dog-sitting for our friends Jenna and Seth. Their little Chihuahua mix is named Halen, after Van Halen. He is the cutest little thing, but afraid of EVERYTHING. Especially Callaway. I mean, who isn't?


(Belated) HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!


Thanks, Dad - for always being there.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger