Tuesday, June 10, 2008

High School Sweethearts

TODAY IS TRAVIS AND MY ANNIVERSARY! We have been married for two years, but we have been dating for almost nine years. That number is just plain crazy to me. Since tonight is Travis' softball game, and we really want my dad and Alex to go to a game, we celebrated by going out for dinner in Houston on Sunday night. We went to fondue restaurant called the Melting Pot. It was a whole new experience for us. We had the four course meal they call Big Night Out, which included a cheese fondue for an appetizer, salads, a Caribbean broth fondue for the meat and veggies and the Toasted Turtle dessert fondue. It is all kept warm on a hot plate at each table. EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS. Between all the food and the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, I was ready for sleep the second my butt hit the truck seat! We had a great time and I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes food. There are over 130 locations in the US, so you'll probably find one in your area.

Dessert spread

Two years down, a lifetime to go.

The tradition for a second anniversary is cotton. Travis and I have fun trying to find gifts that meet the traditional criteria. This year I bought him a cotton rope hammock that we are going to put up in the backyard. Travis bought me a couple summer outfits. I find this hilarious. I just cannot picture him picking out clothes in the ladies department. He said he felt like everyone thought he was a perve poking through women's clothing. Lol! I love what he chose for me and he was mostly right on sizes. The shorts fit perfectly, but the shirts were one size too big. It's awesome that he found stuff I like. I guess he does pay attention to me occasionally.

My dad and Alex also got us a couple gifts. They gave us the game Cranium WOW, which is the newest edition with cute little guys and exchangable hats for you to push around the board. Keeping with tradition, they also gave each of us Rose Bowl Illini t-shirts, similar to the ones they gave Ariel and Robert. It has been another excellent anniversary.

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

Congratulations!!!! Happy second anniversary! I saw the hammock in the yard, and how cute is it that Travis got you clothes! A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E anyway...just wanted to say congrats!

Powered By Blogger