Monday, June 9, 2008

Food, Family and Fun!

The fun just never stops! I've been having a great time with my family. We had a VERY busy weekend. Friday night we made our own pizzas. Usually I buy the raw, frozen dough and let it rise, but they were out of it at the grocery store. Instead, I bought the pre-cooked kind. The benefit here, I've found, is that it only takes about 10 minutes to bake that way. With the raw dough, it has too cook up to 30 minutes, depending on how deep the toppings are. We made two pizzas and they were DELICIOUS.


After dinner, Kai stopped by with his kids. I only get to see them about once every six months, so I am always blown away by how much they have grown. I remember when I was a kid and my parents' friends would tell me they couldn't believe how tall I was getting. I thought they were crazy because I felt like I couldn't grow fast enough. Now I understand. My dad loves kids (which makes me excited about him becoming a grandpa someday) and kids love him. My dad was trying to get them to pat their head and rub their belly. When he showed 4-year-old Brennan how to pat his head and then asked him if he could do it too, he leaned over the back of the couch and patted my dad on the head. LOL! That's what my dad asked him, I guess!


Saturday we slept in due to the late evening the night before. I had to go into work for a little while, so I dropped my dad and Alex at Ariel's apartment. She had asked if my dad would help her replace her flat tire with her spare and then figure out how to get new tires. My dad had planned on doing that while I was at work, but no one answered the door. They waited there while I ran to work and they were still sitting on her steps when I got back! I went and banged on her door. No answer. I tried the door knob and sure enough, the door was open. So I went inside and banged on her bedroom door! Robert finally came out and told me he would be down to help (he had the keys to her trunk) After that fiasco, we went to a local burger place for lunch. It is right on the water and despite the umbrella at our table, we all got a little burnt.


That evening we had Sara and JR over to help teach my family how to play Liverpool Rummy. They caught on fairly quickly, even though the rules are a little tricky. My dad was a trooper and stayed up until 1am when we finished the game! My brother really enjoyed the game, so hopefully we'll be able to play a few more times before they leave for Illinois again.

Third Coast, baby!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger