Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Lawn is Mowed

When I went in to pick Aiden up from daycare I had another one of those times when I wait for the teacher to accuse me of just being some lady who enjoys spending time with a baby (instead of a mom). As I walked through the door, the teacher says, "Come here, Mom" and leads me over to Aiden carrying a shapes puzzle. She sets it on the floor, shoos off the other children and lets Aiden do his magic. He immediately puts each of the five shape puzzle pieces into the corresponding slot. I clap my hands and say, "Yay!" like we always do when Aiden accomplishes something.

I was excited, but obviously not as excited as the teacher thought I should be. She looks at me with incredulous eyes and says that she noticed him doing this by himself during free play, so she emptied the puzzle and had him redo it THREE times to make sure it wasn't just a random fluke. She then goes on to tell me that Aiden is one of the youngest in the class and is the only child in the class that can do a wooden puzzle. "Do you have a shapes puzzle at home?"

"No, but we do have several shape sorters and different kinds of puzzles that we play with all the time."

She is still impressed. As I walk out the door with a triumphant Aiden in tow, the woman at the front desk asks if I saw how awesome Aiden is at that puzzle. Now that's what I call a moment of motherly pride!



The boys shared a minute while we waited for our table at Yaga's during Shrimp Fest.


Aiden mowed the lawn with Daddy.


Watching how it's done.



The boys and their toys.

3 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

Hahahaha....first of all - I LOVE those photos!! Super cute. Second, I always wonder about reactions...sometimes my kids will do something and I think it is the greatest thing in the world...then I will tell JR and hes like...oh yeah...cool. Then there are times that one of the kids will do something and JR will be screaming my name like he just saw an alien, he tells me what happened and I am the one going...cool! LOL
The fact that Aiden is doing puzzles is really impressive. I think what impresses me most about reading this is that he did this during free play all by himself!!! What a smart kid!

Alexa said...

Do you know how ADORABLE that is?! Blair was doing the EXACT same thing with his daddy that night! Ugh, they are just too cute wanting to be like their daddy's. I can't stand it...

It helps we got good daddy's for our boys :).

Nikki said...

Aiden is just getting to the point that he can actually push this mower. The tires have a little resistance because it blows bubbles and that used to frustrate him too much. It was finally cool enough that we could go outside and see Daddy mowing the lawn. I think that might have been the incentive to spend more time with his mower.

I love it!

Powered By Blogger