Tuesday, January 13, 2009

17 Weeks: Prego Dreams

The other night I had a dream that I gave birth to Lil' Wodie. I was far enough along in the dream, so it was healthy timing. I had to wait for the labor to progress enough before I could started pushing. While I was waiting, I fell asleep. The weird thing is that I then had flashes of waking up and the doctor running in to deliver the baby, in between sleeping. When I finally woke up, I was not pregnant anymore. I was confused that I had missed it all so I asked Travis what had happened. He said that I was so tired that I slept through the whole 4 hours of labor and delivery. I asked him why I didn't wake up from the pain and he said he knew I wanted an epidural, so they did it, all the while I was sleeping away.

After coming to the realization that Lil' Wodie was out here in the world, I wanted to see him immediately. Unfortunately for me, I spent the rest of the dream trying to get to the nursery. I wanted to visit my other friend in the hospital who had her baby that day too (who was a random girl from high school - weird), so we did that on the way. I never made it to Lil' Wodie by the end of the dream.

Pregnancy dreams can be very strange. This is the first one I've had about giving birth though. I wonder what it means?

I had my OB/GYN check up Monday. Everything is going fine so far. The baby's heartbeat is down to 162bpm, which is normal. I have had this strange hardening of my stomach several times in the past week and I was talking to Alexa about it. She said that she started having Braxton Hicks contractions when she was 12 weeks pregnant and maybe that is what I have been having.

I told the doctor about it at my appointment. She said that it is uncommon, but possible to have these practice contractions throughout the pregnancy. Most women don't get them until the third trimester. I don't know if that is what I am having, but it is definitely a strange sensation. I made Travis feel it last night to make sure I was imagining it. I wasn't, by the way.

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Ahhh, pregnancy dreams. They were interesting. I wish I would have written more of them down, they were WILD.

Don't forget, those braxton hicks put me in the hospital at one point (at 30 weeks). They were only like 4 minutes apart one day and she put me in to stop them, NOT FUN. Make sure you are drinking enough water and NOT STRESSING OUT.....I know, easier said than done. Our pregnancies sure are similar so far.

Sara's Satire said...

Crazy pregnancy dreams...all the fun things! I remember I had some insane dreams!

Powered By Blogger