Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Wednesday!

It was the weekend of Wednesday. David and Stephanie got in Friday night and we went grocery shopping while we waited for Travis to get off of work. Prego me was starving after all that shopping, so we stopped by Wild Wings on the way home for a "snack". The plan was to go out to dinner with David's parents and pass Wednesday off to them for the night. Unfortunately, they did not get in until late, so Stephanie only got the decorating done that night. I get tired at 9pm, so I went to bed at 10:15 when they left to drop Wednesday off with Grams and Gramps.

We all got up at a decent time Saturday morning to bake cupcakes and run a few more errands before the party. I laid in bed for an hour, not wanting to get up, so when I finally did I regretted it. I waited way too long to eat, so after my first few bites of breakfast I was sitting at the toilet again. I'm not sure if it was just the low blood sugar, or a combination of that with my oatmeal and orange juice with WAY too much pulp in it. Not quite the loveliest of textures. Although I would prefer that to come back up than something more substantial.

I disappeared into the bedroom (in the middle of a conversation with Stephanie) and made Travis get me a bowl of Cheerios. I needed something crunchy after all that. The nausea didn't last much longer than it took me to eat that bowl of cereal, thankfully.

The party began around 3pm when the birthday girl arrived. She was wearing an outfit that Travis and I had bought for her, complete with Bear Bottom tights.


We spent the first few hours chatting while Travis grilled the burgers and hot dogs. Stephanie had picked a variety of foods that were very easy to serve, which meant minimal time in the kitchen. I always get crazy making food for parties. It was a nice change to actually hang out without the stress of running back and forth to the kitchen.

After dinner, Wednesday started opening the gifts. That girl had a great time tearing her way through all the tissue paper in the bags. She seemed especially drawn to this shiny present. After so many times of removing and reapplying, the bow lost it's stickiness and appeal. She proceeded to knock the box down and climb on top. Because that's what shiny boxes are for!



Here she is again, climbing the box after it was opened. Mom even gave her a little ride, which she thoroughly enjoyed.


By the end of opening the gifts, there was tissue paper everywhere. Wednesday must have tasted at least half of them.

The best part was yet to come - CAKE TIME! David demanded chocolate cake with chocolate icing, so it was very easy to see where the cake made it's way onto Wednesday and the surrounding areas. I've been finding icing in the most random spots since that party. In places that can't even be blamed on good ole Wednesday. As you can see, she obviously enjoyed partaking in a little cake eating.

I had to jet off for a couple hours to go to another friend's going away party. Sveta, a Russian from work, moved to Alabama yesterday. Why Alabama, you ask? School. I think that might be the only thing that would draw a person to that state, besides family.

The majority of the guests left the party while I was gone. The younger crowd stuck around to party until the later hours of the evening. Prego Nikki even managed to stay up until past midnight. I worked past the exhaustion, so when it was time for me to lay down I had trouble closing my eyes. Even though I was seriously tired. Stephanie went to bed early, since Grams and Gramps took Wednesday for the night again. She was looking forward to using her childless time to catch up on some Z's. David stayed up for a while, but also went to bed well before I did.

Wednesday made out good. I didn't get to see the truck after they packed it full of her goodies, but I can imagine it was a tight fit. Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate Wednesday's big day!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger