Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More on Audrey

I have to put up a few more photos of Audrey. She was just too precious. It cracks me up how much Chrissie is into her little girl's style. I suppose I would/will be too. She was trying to pick out what Audrey was going to wear for New Year's Eve and she tried several outfits before picking the perfect one. It's like when you're trying to pick out an outfit to wear to the bar and you don't have time to put everything back on the hanger after you try it on. There is always a disaster waiting on my bed for the drunken me at the end of the night. Audrey probably doesn't have this problem though.

Audrey's hair is long and wavy. It is strange because both Chrissie and Jordan had nearly pin-straight hair when they were little. I guess Chrissie's grandma has hair like that. Chrissie said she blow dries Audrey's hair straight most of the time. LOL!

I had a great time catching up on the life of Audrey. I got to change a poopy diaper and I even got to witness bath time. Audrey loves the water. I need to get the camcorder out so I can get the videos uploaded.


I was wondering what you do to take care of a baby in the frigid winters of the north. I got my answer when Chrissie brought the baby home in this bad mamba-jamba. I took this photo while we were shopping for curtains for the nursery. She slept the whole time we were out. Chrissie had to wake her up for feeding time at Olive Garden (I love the never-ending salad, bread sticks and soup).


Travis was honing his bottle feeding skills. I think he did a pretty good job. His thoughts were that as long as he can watch the football game on TV while he takes care of Lil' Wodie, he'll be able to handle parenting easily enough. GREAT.


Audrey really seems to love watching football. She doesn't really pay attention to the TV until there is a game on. Chrissie thinks it might be because of the bands playing all the time and the colorful crowd. Either way, she enjoyed the show while Travis burped her.



Dad gives it a go! I'm not quite sure what Audrey's face is all about. I think the red-eye reduction light on my camera freaked her out a little. I had to put my finger over it to get shots of her without a deer-in-headlights response.

I am so sad that I am going to miss so many stages of this little girl's life. She is going to be so much bigger by the time I have a chance to visit again. I guess I'll just have to settle for my own little one. =D

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

aww...look at your little belly...hey I was just thinking, Did you get pregnant during the hurricane, or somewhere right around there??? Is lil Wodie's name going to be Ike? I know we joked about it, but seriously!

Nikki said...

Ya, I think it was somewhere around September 30th. It was after all the evacuating, but before I went back to work. =D No way we're naming him Ike. That's a horrible thing to do to a child.

Powered By Blogger