Thursday, January 22, 2009

18 Weeks

Travis and I went for another ultrasound yesterday. It was amazing. I cannot get over how big he has gotten. Oh and by the way, the doctor said with 99% certainty that he is indeed a he. We now have three photos of his "third leg". Because we might need that in a few years when Adolescent Wodie tries to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night. I will be able to pull out these photos and say, "See these? If you sneak out one more time, they will become public knowledge and I will make damn sure that one somehow makes it into your girlfriend's hands."

Back to the ultrasound... IT WAS AWESOME. He was big enough that we saw every organ in his belly, the most prominent being his stomach and bladder. That was a good sign because that means he is drinking the amniotic fluid and his kidneys are properly filtering it to store in the bladder. They also measured multiple bones, including the two in his forearm. He has two feet and two hands, with little bones. We even saw him moving his tongue in a sucking fashion, complete with movement in the throat muscles.

His hearbeat was so strong, and it has slowed further to 153bpm. Listening to his heart beat makes me tear up everytime. It is unreal how strongly I can feel about someone I've never met.

After the ultrasound I offered the pictures to Travis to take to work if he wanted to show off his son's "goods". He declined. I guess its not cool for guys to flash sonogram pics. Whatever. I just may have to do it for him.

The doctor told me that I can feel free to take the tags off of all the blue clothes and wash them in preparation for the baby's arrival. He said that if this child comes out a girl, she is going to need some serious plastic surgery work down there. I'm taking that as my cue to cut the tags off of everything and continue with my organizing!!

If I can ever get my butt to Walmart, I will scan some of the sonogram photos onto a CD so I can get them up here. And anywhere else I can show off the kiddo.



PS - I cut my bangs. Yea or Nay?

5 comments:

Alexa said...

Ok, my comment just went into cyber space or something....lol.

LOVE the hair, looks great. Feel free to come up and user our nifty new scanner, easy to use and takes no time.

Anonymous said...

haha, i can't believe you tried to get Travis to take those sono pics to work! Too funny!

Yea to the bangs, they make you look polished!

Rachel said...

I vote Yay!

Nikki said...

Cool. I was worried that I was adapting too much of a mom-look. I want to be a hip mom, not an old lady mom. =)

Andréa said...

My ultrasounds were INCREDIBLE. It is like you can see them and feel them and it is so overwhelming. Oh... and right now, you look like you just ate a lot of pasta. Wait until month 9 :) So fun! Good Luck!!

Powered By Blogger