Monday, January 12, 2009

A Triumphant Weekend

Travis and I had a pretty successful weekend. Saturday, he worked and I helped Rachel move apartments after her foreclosure fiasco. She had a gazillion people helping, so we moved everything in a record hour and a half. That left plenty of time to eat the lunch spread she had waiting for us and spend a little time socializing. It was funny because there were two other pregnant women there. We called ourselves the Prego Club. We were busy carrying pillows and clothing. I feel like I helped out somewhat because I was able to bring a truck load of stuff from one place to the other. Although, she probably could have fit it all in the U-Haul.

After Rachel's, I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few items and brought them home. When I got home, I let Callaway out of his room. When he stayed over Christmas with Chris and Alexa, they let him have free roam of their garage, where they left his kennel open at all times. When I picked him up, I couldn't believe that they had put pillows in his kennel and he DIDN'T EVEN EAT THEM. Ever since then, we have been closing off the office to give Callaway a little more space while we are gone. Eight days later, he has yet to tear up those pillows. WOW.

Anyhoo, I spent the rest of the day putting away what little Christmas decorations I had pulled out this year and cleaning the house. I was mad to find that part of that cleaning involved wiping up a puddle of cat piss from around Callaway's food bowls. I am horrified to say that Bella's having another behavioral fit. Travis had already picked up her poop that morning, and either didn't notice the pee or she hadn't done it yet.

Rachel recommended throwing away the rug on which Bella keeps eliminating waste, but it seems that she does not need the rug to entice her. She does it whether the rug is present or not, so I guess it's not the leftover scent that is bringing her back. We had a repeat of the pee and poop, in the same location, on Sunday. I'm purchasing another cat pheromone plug-in today. It seemed to work last time, so I'll give it another go. I am getting worried about her behavior though. I don't want to have to deal with this while learning how to care for a newborn.

Saturday night, we had Sara and JR over to play cards. I was so excited when Travis won. Sara is freakin' awesome at that game and so she almost always wins. The benefit is we won the money pot, which means that we have change to play with next time!

Sunday morning Travis went off to do a side job. I guess it was really easy to fix, so he was back in no time. Alexa called me that morning to tell me she had some more maternity clothes from a friend that I can use. I waited for Travis to get back before we headed up to their house to hang out for the afternoon. Travis and Chris went to Home Depot where Travis purchased everything we need to finish rewiring the house. Alexa and I went to Target so she could pick up a few items and I could buy Wednesday's birthday present (her 1st birthday party is this weekend at our house). We also noticed that the large storage containers were on sale, so we both picked up a box.

After burgers, courtesy of Chris, Travis and I headed back home. I spent the rest of the evening organizing my closet in the bedroom. I managed to fit all the maternity clothes between the closet and my dresser. I thought about forcing Travis to give up half of his closet for a few months, but ended up smashing everything in mine. For some reason my closet looks much smaller than Travis' now. I tried to go through and pull out everything that is too small for me first, but I only got about one bag's worth. I still fit all my shirts. It's the pants that I'm having trouble with. I bought aqua-colored hangers to use for all the maternity clothes. That way as I get bigger, I can quickly find clothes that will better fit me. I figure I'll pull items I no longer fit as I get larger.

I had a few extra minutes on my hands this morning, so I used that time to fill the storage container I had purchased at Target. There is now an additional drawer of free space in Lil' Wodie's room! Slowly, but surely.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm almost done unpacking!!!! Whew!

Powered By Blogger