Friday, January 2, 2009

Family and Friends and Food, Oh My!

Travis and I made out pretty good this Christmas, and so did Lil' Wodie! After everyone heard the news, they ran out to pick up some stuff for the little guy. So far he has accrued an Illini onesie and hoodie from Daddy, a diaper changing wedge and a BAG of hand-me-down clothes from Alexa (thanks, Alexa!), a blanket, sweater and jeans from Chrissie and a BAG of clothes from Grandma Carol (my mom). Little did Grandpa Greg know that he bought us a video camera for documenting the Life of Lil' Wodie. Yay!

My mom also bought me a maternity outfit and Travis' sister gave me a bunch of her old maternity stuff. Travis gave me a belly band for Christmas which I am super excited about. It's perfect for holding up my pants that I now I have to leave unbuttoned and sometimes partially unzipped, depending on how much I've eaten. It just looks like a have a black tank top under my shirt. Plus, if I want to wear the maternity pants my mom gave me now, the band will hold them up, since they're a little big for me just yet. It's amazing what they have for the expecting mother these days!

It is going to take everything in my power not to run home, take the tags off of Lil' Wodie's new stuff, wash it and throw it on a baby hanger in the closet. My friend Sara put that off until a few weeks before her due date, only to find out she wasn't having a girl - it was a boy! Since everything was untagged, she couldn't return anything. She was however able to return the bedding that was delivered after she found out the change of plans. I think I will feel more comfortable after the upcoming ultrasound this month. The prenatal doctor said he can tell us with 99% accuracy the sex of our baby, assuming he's willing to show us the goods. As of right now, it's at 80%.

Travis and I have been so busy running around visiting all our family and friends. It hasn't been as stressful as I thought it would be though. Here's a couple photos to bring you up to speed.



Robert, Ariel and I went to my dad's work to help him do a couple things. Several trees lost a bunch of limbs during the ice storm.


I was confused for a moment and thought we had somehow wondered into Mexico. We left the Mexican restaurant after lunch with my dad and this frickin rooster came running out the back door with two Hispanic guys. Woh. Alex couldn't get into his car because he was worried the rooster would attack. Seriously.


Travis and I stayed at Chrissie and Jordan's house for several days around New Year's. It was great to spend so much time getting to know Audrey



Audrey and Mom hanging out in Audrey's nursery.



We forgot to take photos with Travis' dad's family when we were there for Christmas, so we stopped by several days later. (Left to right, front to back: Nikki, Travis, dad Curt, sister Crystena, nephew Cole, brother Sean and niece Kaitlyn.)


I can't wait until Travis gets to rough house with Lil' Wodie and his friends! Here he is taking on the kids at his dad's house.

2 comments:

Da Momma said...

Yes, yes,.....leave the tags on until it is official! Like really official.....delivered and diapered. I don't know if Rachel told you, but........Sarah was a boy in the ultrasound we had at 5 months. Mitch was so excited.....the whole testosterone male athlete thing going on and then on that special day....Dr. Parks says....oh, SHE'S beautiful! WHAT! She? Who? WHAT! yes, that was the conversation as he marched around to the baby to check out the goods! Rachel, too was mortified. She wanted to know when Jeremy was coming home and when that crying baby girl was going back to that hospital! Nice, sibling rivalry from day one! Haha! Enjoy this time and try to relax. It will all come together. Good luck with Ultrasound.

Sara's Satire said...

The pic with Travis and the kids is definitely my fav. tooo funny! I cant wait for you to get back so I can get a good look at your belly...now that we know it wont look so strange for me to stare!!!

Powered By Blogger