Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hormonal Momma

The other night, Travis and I decided to take it easy and do a little catching up on the DVR. One of the few shows that we both enjoy watching is Eli Stone. It's a series about a man who develops an aneurysm and then mysteriously becomes a prophet, receiving messages from God. We've been watching it since Episode #1.

We had two episodes of Eli Stone saved to the DVR so we watched them consecutively. At the end of the second one (SPOILER ALERT), a woman who is expecting her first child has a heart to heart with her baby daddy and they decide to be parents together and to not fight each other on the decisions that need to be made. They worried that the baby might have down syndrome and were awaiting the results of a test that would tell them for sure. As soon as they had come to the decision to work together, the phone rings and BAM, the baby does not have down syndrome! YAY! I just started full-on, blubbering sobbing.

They show the ending scenes for the other characters in the show and each one makes me cry harder. The tears just wouldn't stop! Then there's a sappy commercial about babies and it's all downhill from there. Travis retrieved a handful of tissues for me and I used every last one. I had to jump in the shower and read the back of a bottle of shampoo to stop the water works.

It was so strange. I could not even see through my own darn tears. And all for some stupid show on ABC? What the?

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

If it makes you feel any better...I cried too...maybe its a mom thing! The hormonal part for you was when you continued crying! Hahaha. ABC gets me everytime...Eli, Addison, Meredith...they all make me cry!

Powered By Blogger