Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Addition to the Nursery

Sunday night Travis and I finally moved the old dresser out of the nursery and put together the new one from IKEA. The new dresser was entirely an aesthetic purchase. Although, it has given me a chance to give the room a nice, complete cleaning before Lil' Wodie's arrival. Moving the furniture out of the room has revealed patches of floor that most likely have not been vacuumed since we moved in to the house. I am yet to tackle the underside of the bed, but I'll get to that whenever we buy the crib.

The old dresser (that Travis has had since he was in elementary school)



You can sort of see what we are doing for a diaper changing station. We are just going to put the changing pad on the top of the dresser. Travis is going to paint some trim black and use the trim gun to put it at the edge of the dresser on either side of the pad to prevent slippage.

I put the Diaper Genie II in the back corner of the room, leaving it hidden behind the dresser. I was delighted to order it using points from my credit card. It really is nice to get a little something back from all that debt Travis and I racked up during college.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

won't it be fun when your new addition to the nursery is a BABY!

Nikki said...

YES! Unfortunately there is a waiting period for that addition...

Sara's Satire said...

The wait wont be too much longer...a year from now you will be remembering these days and thinking, man I loved being pregnant!! Well...maybe!!haha

Powered By Blogger