Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Car Seat Safety

Last night, Travis and I went to a car seat safety class. It was so funny because we were the only couple there until the last five minutes of the informational video. Then there was one other couple that went with us on the walk-through of the car seats and strollers.

We almost didn't go to the class because I had some painful Braxton-Hicks contractions all day yesterday. I have had them in the past, but never more than one or two in a day. My doc said to take it easy whenever they got painful, and to call her if they became regular. The contractions were never close together, thankfully.

I was really looking forward to this class at Babies R Us, so I roughed it for a few hours. I am really glad we went. Travis even admitted he learned a lot. The strange parts to me were that they recommend children under 13 ALWAYS sit in the back seat and that children as old as 8 years may have to use a booster seat (depending on how tall they are). Woh. My parents totally didn't do that with us. Travis said that he would have gotten beaten up if he had been seen getting out of a booster seat at school. We have a few years before we need to make those decisions.

After the class, the instructor gave us a coupon, so we made a few purchases. We decided on some not-fun stuff, like a crib mattress liner and diaper changing accessories. Plus, they gave us a car window sun shade for free in our take-home bag. FUN. Looks like Travis is going to have a Babies R Us sun shade. LOL! Travis pointed out that my car doesn't need sun shades since the tint is practically blackout.

I was also excited to find some information on where we can take the car seat to get checked for proper installation. They only do it during the week, so I hope to do that while I am on my maternity leave.

Here's what What To Expect has to say about my weight gain and the baby's weight gain this week. YIKES!

"This week marks the beginning of some serious weight gain. Your baby's weight in the next four weeks alone should double (and you may feel as though yours is too)."

No comments:

Powered By Blogger