Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Callaway!

Callaway celebrated his second birthday this past Saturday. I am so thankful that he has started to calm down finally. He still has to constantly be in our presence and when we are up and walking around he only feels safe if his nose is touching our legs. At least he doesn't constantly jump up and down (which he still does, just not constantly).

I have decided that if we ever get another dog in my lifetime, it will not be a puppy. I am happy that we got to have Callaway as a little guy and that he got to grow up with us, but house training is a bitch. Although, Travis would argue that we would be able to train a new dog and teach him tricks more easily if we got him as a puppy. UGH. That is something we will deal with when the time comes.

Our carpet is still covered in spots where Callaway peed as a puppy. We've done as much as we can to clean it, but it will be here until we are able to replace the carpet (hope to do that right before we sell the house). Nowadays I just have to deal with a dog that loves me so much that he won't let me pet him. Not because he backs away, but because he has to lick my hand the second it comes within a foot of him. I'm going to have to go ahead and point out that this is Travis' dog, despite the fact that I spend more time with him than Travis does (because of all the hours he works).

Anyhoo, Travis and I brought Callaway back a treat for his birthday. Travis wanted to document the occasion, so here you are:








Callaway's 2nd Birthday from Nicolette Ward on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

SO CUTE! UGH....adorable.

Powered By Blogger