Sunday, February 22, 2009

Furniture Complete.

The nursery furniture is complete! We still need to get the co-sleeper and rocking chair for our bedroom, but we still have four months to purchase that.

Friday night, Travis put together the futon that we ordered from Target.com. I am very happy with our decision to put a sofa in the nursery. Friends of ours put a love seat in their nursery and I don't know that I would have thought to do that without seeing their idea. I love the fact that both Travis and I will be able to sit in there together and enjoy spending time with our son. Plus, as he grows, it will give us a place to sit to read books if it is not yet bed time.

The only downfall with this dark futon, which we learned very quickly, is that cat hair shows up GREAT on it. I know that cat and dog hair is an unfortunate side effect of owning cats and dogs. I was just hoping to keep this room pristine at least until the baby gets here. At the moment I have the door to the bedroom closed to keep the cats out. Sagira has been sharpening her claws on the diaper changing pad - another thing I'm not a big fan of. I liked being able to walk by the room and see his crib there. Now it's just dark at the end of the hallway. Damn cats.


I put up more photos of the nursery at Lil Wodie's BabySite, for those who are interested.

Another exciting development - I feel the little guy moving throughout the day now! I LOVE IT. It really is the coolest thing. He was moving around first thing this morning when I woke up, so Dad was able to feel him move before heading off to work. (I have to work this afternoon, too.)

My favorite thing is when he pushes his head into the side of my belly. It is the weirdest thing to see my lopsided stomach. I think I like it so much because I get a feel for how big he is and it's almost like I am holding him in my hands. I'm sure that sounds weird and/or creepy to most, but I love it.

The other night, I had another vivid dream about Lil Wodie. I was sitting down, watching my belly move. I pressed my hands down on my skin, to show everyone where he was kicking at and when I did that, it stretched my skin out. It ended up stretching my skin so much that it became transparent enough for me to see the baby. All my baby books say that his skin is still mostly transparent at the moment because he does not have skin or hair pigment yet. Interestingly enough, in my dream Lil Wodie's skin was transparent too. So I could mostly only see his bones. Again, in this dream I was not frightened or worried about this whole situation at all. I was just in awe that I could see my baby. After the light came in from the outside, it woke Lil Wodie up. He opened his eyes wide and stared at me. Then he smiled!

My dreams are weird.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger