Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF!!!

Gah! If I knew how to make the font larger or bolder on this post title, I would. It's been a BAD week and I am grateful it is almost over. First there's the whole having to pay taxes thing. Then there's the stress from the credit card company. And then after work yesterday, some lady slammed her car door into my car in the grocery store parking lot. I sat there for a second waiting to see what her reaction was because I honestly wasn't sure if she had hit my car, or if she had just dropped something on the ground outside my car that was loud enough for me to hear on the inside.

When she just closed her door and walked away, I jumped out to go check my car. Turns out, she did hit my car. It's only a little scrape - maybe a centimeter long - but it irritates the crap out of me. She had no problem just walking away like nothing happened. I had the engine running, so she knew I was in the car. She was already in the grocery store by the time I realized there was damage. It's not bad, but over time with rain and wind, it will probably get worse.

I decided I didn't want to sit and wait for her to finish shopping, so I just left. I left irate. I didn't feel better until I got home. Not even the thought of the Taco Bell I bought for dinner made me feel better (which I had been craving all day). It wasn't until I was bringing the groceries in the house and saw the package for the futon leaning against the garage that I felt happy (yay! the futon for the nursery is here!).

I'm not good with negative feelings. Anger, frustration, sadness. I don't cope well with these. I always used to find a way to work through them. Pregnancy is like glue for these feelings. Once they stick, it's hard to shake 'em. It makes my stomach flip and I get mild heartburn. I have to say that one of the things I WON'T miss about being pregnant is the extremes in which I find my emotions. If I'm sad, I'm bawling. If I'm mad, I'm livid. If I'm happy, I want to bounce everywhere I go - not walk. And it usually takes some time for the feeling to dissolve. I can't deal with all this negativity!

Again, I need to focus on the positive: I am getting so much hand-me-down baby stuff that is in great shape - clothes, bouncy seat, swing, stroller, car seat, crib mobile - from our great friends and family (THANK YOU EVERYONE), we have all the furniture for the nursery, I have a healthy baby growing in my belly, I have an awesome, loving husband who is working his butt off to pay for this baby... The list goes on. I need to not forget it.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

I am so sorry you have had a rough week. It will be a better weekend! You'll have an 11 month old to tear it up your house Saturday evening! How FUN! LOL...

We were thinking (along with Kai and Mel and kids) about going to Kemah for the 1pm Mardi Gras parade. You guys should come!

Powered By Blogger