Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tuesday TGIF

Last night, Travis and I rushed up into Houston traffic during rush hour to meet some long-distance friends for dinner. They live in New Mexico and have a 9-month old son with a lot of baby stuff he is quickly outgrowing. When they decided to come visit friends and family in Houston, they gave me a call to meet up for an exchange of baby stuff.

We met at TGI Friday's and we even made it on time. I couldn't believe that Travis actually got out of work at 5:15. Despite rush hour traffic and having to take the tollway, we made it to the restaurant by 7. I got some of my Omega-3's naturally for probably the first time in this pregnancy. The thought of seafood has been one of general aversion for months now. I have been taking my prenatal vitamin with DHA, so hopefully that's slightly making up for my lack in fish.

After dinner, we retrieved the cargo: a travel system (thanks Shannon for offering to get us a new one!!!), a snuzzler and a crib mobile. This whole hand-me-down system is really lightening the load for us. It's been such a relief.

On the way home, I was blasting the heat for a few minutes after the freeze-out the restaurant put me through. The result was steamed up windows. Travis through on the defoggers for a minute and then he suddenly grabbed my head with one free hand. I looked at him like he was crazy and asked him with the hell he was doing. I assumed he was making reference to the fogged up windows that were most likely a result of the heat and humidity radiating from my head.

Turns out, he saw a sign that said "Stop Ahead". So he stopped my head. Phff.

******************************************************

I am also relieved to announce that we found a home babysitter to take care of Lil' Wodie during the day. Joanna, the babysitter, watches a friend's 2-year-old son and they (both mom and son) love her. Little Matthew is turning out pretty good, so she must be good at what she does. She is a stay-at-home-mom with two daughters. One will be starting Kindergarten in August and the other is 20 months old.

Joanna was forced into an apartment after Hurricane Ike, but is planning to move back into a house in April. After she and her husband make that move, Travis and I are going to stop by and check out her house and meet her in person. Again, I can not describe the amount of relief I feel after this GREAT FIND. I'm starting to feel a lot less stressed out about this whole having a baby thing. =D

No comments:

Powered By Blogger