Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Median


I'm 20 weeks, putting us halfway there! Or as Alexa pointed out, hopefully we're halfway there. This little bugger could stay in there for up to two weeks after the due date. Ugh.

I had the strangest dream last night. (Can you believe it?) I dreamt that I was laying on the bed, feeling the baby move around while Travis folded his laundry (which he was doing when we went to bed last night). All of a sudden, the baby makes a big movement and we can see his ear and head and face so well it's like he's on the outside with us. Travis jumps onto the bed to watch in amazement with me. Then, BAM, he is on the outside with us. He's freakin adorable, wearing a blue onesie and white beanie. When we were done getting a good look at him, BAM, he's back on the inside awaiting his due date.

It wasn't creepy at all in the dream. On the contrary, it was very exciting. Maybe Rachel and I should avoid watching YouTube clips like this one and stick to videos like this.



I don't know if you can see it, but I have a scar just above my belly button where I had a piercing back in my early days of college. Unfortunately, my skin did not like the metal hoop and slowly pushed it out, leaving a larger scar than a normal piercing would. That scar is slowly becoming more prominent as my skin is stretched out. I can't wait to see what it looks like by the end of this. YIKES.

I sent out a text to our Russian friend Nadya, who is expecting a girl only a few short days after our due date, exclaiming that we are halfway. Her response was priceless:

"Ours is still 19 weeks and 4 days. But we used the same recipe. I hope it's not gonna be overcooked."

No comments:

Powered By Blogger