Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

Travis and I usually try to spend all of Valentine's Day together, just the two of us. Since this will be our last before it becomes the three of us, we wanted to make sure to enjoy one last hurrah. When I woke up a little after 8, I rolled over to find my husband was gone. Ha! I guess he didn't have time to get anything for me all week, so he had to settle for the morning of. Phsh.

He showed up 15 minutes later with a box of chocolates and a live orchid. I'll let you know how long it takes me to kill it. Seriously, I have not been able to keep anything but an ivy plant alive in this dungeon of a home we live in. Our last apartment was so bright, without direct light, and I was able to grow a forest on our shelving. I WILL have that light again.

Back to Vday... We went over to a friends' house for dinner Friday night and Travis was feeling a bit hungover, so I made him breakfast in bed. We laid in bed for at least another hour, watching TV and surfing the web. We even got crazy and bought tickets for our babymoon. It will also have to serve as an early birthday present for me, since we will have a newborn and probably won't be up for heading out for anything big without the little guy. Travis bought us tickets to go see Dave Matthews Band in concert!!! I have always wanted to see him live. I can't wait! It should be interesting though, since I will be under two months from my due date. We got lawn seats, so I can lay down if need be. LOL! Pregnant lady at a concert!

The best part all morning was when Lil' Wodie somehow developed super strength overnight and we were actually able to see him kicking. At first, I had Travis feel and when he distinctly, no questions asked, felt our little man kick I was SO ecstatic. Then, while he was purchasing the tickets, I lifted my shirt up just to check if I could see the movements. I couldn't believe it when I COULD. Travis got to see it too! Oh man this is so cool. Lil' Wodie must have been lifting weights or something. How much does the umbilical cord weight in comparison to a 21-week old fetus? Whatever it is, it seems like he turned into Super Baby overnight.

Travis and I finally got our lazy butts out of bed around 10 and put together the crib in the nursery. (Sara strongly recommended putting it together IN the nursery. When they put Logan's together in the living room and tried to carry it into the nursery they quickly learned that they would have to take it apart again because the crib wouldn't fit through the doorway.)

After I finished arranging the furniture and repairing some of my old baby books, I headed out to see what Travis had accomplished in the garage. Earlier this week he had put together some of the cabinets that we got from Chris and Alexa. When they were going to throw them out after the hurricane, Travis asked if he could use them in our garage. Now we have more folding space for laundry and cabinets to hold our sports gear.

Then on Saturday, Travis made way for his Man Room. Once I got out there, a steady downpour began, so I decided to hang around and help him for a while. By the time we finished, it was time to get ready for dinner.

Travis and I almost never go out for dinner, so it is always a treat for us to go out on Valentine's Day, birthdays and anniversaries. We usually try to find some place we've never been and that we would not go to on any regular day. This year, we decided to take it easy and head to Galveston for steaks. I was sure that we would have to wait forever. One, because it was Valentine's Day on a weekend. And two, because the Mardis Gras celebration is going on in Galveston. We did a call ahead to get put on the waiting list and got to the restaurant early, but it turned out there was no need. The weather was crappy, so there was barely anyone out for Mardis Gras. Plus, we happened to get to the restaurant at the beginning of one of the parades. Meaning, anyone who was out in the crappy weather was at the parade!

We were sat immediately and ate our meal within an hour. Quickest Valentine's Day dinner ever. Since we were done so early, we headed to the grocery store for a couple pints of ice cream and then hit up a Red Box on the way home to pick up Eagle Eye. I'm pretty sure I held my breath through half of that movie. It was intense, without being scary. I liked it. Although, Lil' Wodie was probably hurting for oxygen by the end. Oops.

We had a long day, so we hit the sack by 10:30pm, after the movie. It was a grand just-the-two-of-us Valentine's Day. =D

No comments:

Powered By Blogger