Friday, June 5, 2009

Anti-Itch Cream

This is embarrassing on so many levels, but it is another one of those Must Share Moments...

The other night, Travis got home from work, took a shower and was complaining about a heat rash on his stomach. I asked him if he had put any cortisone cream on it, to which he replied no. Well, stop complaining and do something about it. Does he want me to do everything?

He shuffles into the hall to grab the cream out of the closet and is back sitting with me on the couch. After about five minutes, he starts complaining about how that cream didn't help at all - it actually made it worse. Now the rash was burning too.

I instantly recalled a few weeks ago when I had run into a similar situation with an ant bite on my calf, "you didn't use the pink cream, did you?"

"Yes, why?"

"Cuz that's not hydrocortisone cream. It's Vagisil."

"What?! No it's not! It says Anti-Itch Cream in big, bold letters on the the tube!"

"Vagisil is an anti-itch cream. But obviously not the one you need."

"How am I supposed to know if it's for the vag or for a rash?"

"Look under the giant letters and see if it says 'Compare to Vagisil'."

Checking he tube, "Ah man! Where's the stuff I need?!"

"Check in the drawer marked 'Allergy'."

Needless to say, he quickly washed it off and reapplied the correct cream. Good times...

4 comments:

Alexa said...

LOL! Poor Travis....after that whole thing did he say 'I bet your going to blog about this aren't you?'

Nikki said...

Actually, no. But I did make sure to get his permission first. I didn't want to embarrass him. Too much...

Sara's Satire said...

Haha This is so funny....I've had a not so great morning, but this definitely made me feel so much better!!!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!!!!
I think a little pee came out... and I've been doing my kegels!!!

Powered By Blogger