Thursday, June 25, 2009

Last Day

I'm super stoked. Today is my last day of work before my maternity leave. I am taking tomorrow off so I have a little more rest time before the big day. Plus, it will give me some more free time with all the family that is currently in town.

Travis has planned to take all of next week off from work in anticipation of the baby. Monday will be his rest day before the chaos ensues. I'm really excited for him to take time off from work, but he's sort of freaking me out. He's talking about doing all this work around the house next week. Not sure how much he will actually do, but just in case, I put in a request for some time spent with the baby and I. Isn't that what paternity leave is for?

Guess what? Nadya had her baby!!! After 24 hours of induction, she ended up needing a c-section (my worse fear - have I mentioned that?). Her little girl was born weighing 7 lbs, 10 oz. No name yet. The parents are having a little trouble in this department. I have faith they will figure it out soon enough. I'm hoping to visit them tonight at the hospital. I'll keep you posted!

5 days until the induction!

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

Hooray for your last day of work! It will be nice to rest a bit and spend time with family. Dont worry too much about Travis - something tells me that when the baby gets here, he will have a hard time leaving you or lil wodie! He may try to get stuff done on Monday, but he wont have time on Tuesday and probably not any other day next week. It sounds like he is nesting! Hahaha

Nikki said...

Talk about last minute nesting!!

Powered By Blogger