Monday, June 8, 2009

First Weekend with Mom

Hooray! My mom made it to our house all the way from Illinois! =) Last week when I pointed out to Travis that my mom would be leaving for Texas on Friday, he flipped out a little. It finally hit home to both of us that this means it's almost time for the baby to get here. I'm really hoping that I can make it close to my due date so it will be easier for my sister to visit us in the hospital.

Ariel took over the duties as manager during the first week that her boss opened up a second bar. June 22nd, the manager is suppose to get back into town and Ariel will resume work as an assistant manager with normal hours again. Until then, she's working her butt off. She has made arrangements to have someone cover her if I do go into labor before my due date, but it will be hard on her. I hope I can make it a couple more weeks!

Anyhoo, my mom got in late Friday night. I showed her the nursery and various other baby stuff that we have collected so far and then we called it a night. We got up the next morning with plans to help Ariel and Robert move into their new apartment. They moved from an apartment complex to a duplex in the Galveston historical district. The house is broken up into the first and second floor. They have the second floor, which will be a great peace of mind throughout the hurricane season.

I had to go into work Saturday morning for a few minutes, so we came into Galveston even though we hadn't been able to get a hold of Ariel or Robert. By the time I was finished with my work, Ariel said that Robert had plenty of work and wouldn't need us our my vehicle for moving. We wanted to visit Ariel at work in Galveston, so we killed some time while she finished her opening duties and went to lunch on the Seawall. We ate at this awesome burger place called The Spot. We sat on the deck on the second floor with a great view of the Gulf. It hasn't been very windy lately, so the water was actually blue-green, as opposed the the brown murkiness that happens when the sand is kicked up.

After lunch, we headed straight over to visit Ariel at work. She was able to sit with us for over an hour! The weather was nice, so we sat at a table on the street. Travis worked until noon and he met us at the bar. There were a lot of tourists out and about, walking from shop to shop to bar to shop. Despite the heat, I really enjoy the atmosphere of Galveston during the summer. It's like being on perpetual vacation. Except I have to go to work Monday through Friday. :/

Ariel had to go back to work, so we just headed home and took it easy (Travis opted for a couple rounds of disc golf). My mom took a nap and I made tortellini for dinner.

I need to go to my OBGYN appointment now, so I'll finish the weekend story tomorrow...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger