Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dogs at the Beach

Our second weekend with my mom in town was a laid-back busy weekend, if that makes any sense. I think we did a lot of hurrying around just to get somewhere different to sit. Friday I got out of work a little early, so my mom and I went to get our hair cut. I just got a trim, but my mom got her hair cut to her chin. After the salon, we met Ariel at her and Robert's new house. Travis met up with us there when he got off of work.

Ariel and Robert moved into this house the weekend before and it seems like they have had nothing but problems. When they tried to switch the electricity bill from the landlord's name into theirs, the electric company suddenly decided that the place needed to be inspected before turning the electricity back on. This is something that every home in Galveston had to do after the hurricane. Thing is, this place was already inspected and has had electricity for months. After several calls to the city inspector from Robert, Travis and his boss, they finally got it turned back on three days after they had moved in. Then to top it all off, this past Saturday night, their AC blew a hose. Since it was the weekend, they had to wait until Monday to get it fixed. =(

Back to this weekend... After getting the grand tour of Ariel and Robert's new place, we went to a locally owned restaurant for BBQ. I got a BBQ stuffed baked potato. It was awesome and I ate the WHOLE thing. That's a big deal. Those potatoes are HUGE. Yummy! After dinner we were all full, so we headed home. On the way, I convinced my mom that we needed ice cream, so she suggested stopping at the McDonald's near our house. When we got in there I asked what flavors of McFlurry's they have. The cashier informed me that they were OUT OF ICE CREAM. Ahhhh! I quickly asked my mom if she was up for driving a couple miles to Sonic. I had ice cream on the brain!

We get to Sonic, sit there for 15 minutes and the carhop comes out to tell us they are out of ice cream too!!! The world was out of ice cream! Thankfully, they had made my Blast and ran out when they made my mom's sundae. I felt horrible that my mom had to watch me eat that Sonic Blast the whole ride home. ;)

Saturday, my mom and I just hung out at the house while Travis went to work. Jenna stopped by for an hour in the evening to chat and then we went over to Chris and Alexa's for dinner. They grilled out kabobs and we sat out on the patio for the rest of the evening. We had our very own live show - several frogs ingested a gazillion june bugs. It was the weirdest thing.

Sunday we decided to do something outdoors. We settled on the beach, even though it was hot as hell. Needless to say, both my mom and I are fried. The only positive thing here is that we were wearing clothes, not swim suits, so our skin exposure was limited. Unfortunately, part of my burn area includes my shins and the top of my already VERY SWOLLEN FEET. Here are a couple snapshots from our day of frying at the beach:

Travis and Callaway baking in the sun.


My mom and her dog Pierre.

Tossing the frisbee.


Pierre doesn't like the water.


Mi Madre and me.



The Dog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So when are you going to have this baby?!?!? You're going to be at CLRMC right?

Powered By Blogger