Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mohawk Runner

This past weekend, Alex ran in the Illinois high school state track meet. To prepare for the big day, his whole team shaved their hair into a mohawk.


Alex sent me this picture via cell phone and his text said, "The other team is gonna be scared."


Here is a crappy picture of the article in the paper the day after the meet that my dad sent me (via phone). Alex made it in there with his mohawk! (He's the runner on the right.)

Sadly, he did not win. His personal best for the 2 mile is 10:37. That is so crazy to me. I can't run one mile in that time (especially not right now). He ran it in 10:51 this past weekend, which put him in 18th place out of 19 guys. =( The first place time was 9:36. It's amazing how fast these kids can run.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger