Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sunday, Part Deuce

Sunday, my mom and I went shopping (Travis, again, went off to play disc golf)! My mom bought us all sorts of loose ends for the baby, plus a super cute wooden zebra to hang on the wall. Then we went to Motherhood Maternity and my mom bought me a couple items to wear while nursing.

On the way home, we stopped for a pedicure at the nail salon. It was nice to have someone else take care of my toe nails. I made sure to request cool water for my foot soak. I don't think my swelling would have done well in the hot water they usually use. The foot and calf rub was the best, although I did feel sorry for the woman who had to deal with my swollen feet. I'm sure it was comparable to giving giant marshmallows a rub down.

My mom and I left with beautiful toes and headed for home. I was excited to go through all the baby stuff. Travis had run a load of baby gear in the wash that morning. Included in this were the sheets for the co-sleeper that came in the mail Thursday. Travis put the co-sleeper together that morning and I finished it off with the liner and sheets that evening. Now it's taking up an ungodly amount of space in our bedroom. I was so excited to get it put together that I didn't even think about that. Oh well. I guess we're ready now!

I also put together the nursing stool and washed a load of extras we got (sheets, waterproof pads , etc). I think we are officially ready for the baby. We now have everything we need and want for the first few months of Lil Wodie's life. There is a high likelihood that we will have to go back to get more of certain items, but we are set for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear how things have come along :) I can't believe you have less than two weeks to go!!!

Sara's Satire said...

Its nice to feel like you are finally prepared for the baby to come...some small "unasked for" advice...Try to find things that will keep you busy. You will be amazed at how often you will hear, "Any contractions today?" or something similar. Having your mom here will be a good distraction! I am so excited for you!

Nikki said...

There is always something to keep me busy around the house. At this point, I'm trying to find more time to sit and put my swollen feet up! It's insane how big they get. I know my skin is capable of stretching, but this is ridiculous!

Powered By Blogger