Thursday, June 4, 2009

A slow and terrible death

Again with the crappy Murano... Remember back in April, when I brought the Murano to the dealership only to find out it needed hundreds of dollars of repairs? If not, you can read up here. The part where I wrote it would be $325 to repair the rotors was not completely correct. It's $325 PER AXLE. And they said all four rotors need to be repaired. If you do that math, that's $650. Uh, not okay.

We decided to try out Just Brakes to see what they would charge. According to them, my front rotors and brakes are fine, but the rear needed to be fixed. They repaired the rotors, replaced the pads and calipers, and bled/replaced the brake fluid all for $300. The dealership was going to charge me more than that just to repair the rotors. Unfortunately, Just Brakes noticed that there was damage to the CV joint. The damage is such that it cannot be repaired - the WHOLE axle must be replaced.

We made an appointment and dropped the Murano off Monday night, so it could be checked Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon rolls around and no call updating us on the situation. Travis tried calling but got disconnected. Then I called and they said they had not gotten to it yet, but they would that afternoon. Closing time comes and NO CALL. Travis called them and they said they never got to it, but they would first thing Wednesday morning. They weren't even going to tell us! I am so TIRED of these people. More specifically, the technician who always takes care of our vehicle.

From here on out, I'm requesting that anyone but him takes care of the Murano. Everyone else is always pleasant with us, so I don't know what the big deal is. We bought this piece of crap from that dealership. I don't want these problems and I don't want it to be made harder by a tech that doesn't want to help us out at all.

Turns out, this repair will be covered under the power train warranty. The crappy technician said that if the damage was caused by me, as opposed to normal wear and tear, then it wouldn't be covered under the warranty. How they would know the difference between a tear caused by running over a curb and a tear caused by a rogue rock on the highway, I don't know The technician that accepted our vehicle Monday night said that it WOULD be covered by the warranty. Next time I'm requesting that guy. Because I have a feeling there will be lots of "next times" with this vehicle. =(

So! Wednesday morning they finally checked my car. They confirmed the damaged CV joint, but also said there was some serious corrosion on the battery and fuse box. We decided to have them go ahead and clean that off for us. It's something that Travis might be able to do, but we don't want to risk any electrical problems with that corrosion in the fuse box. That we have to pay for though.

I asked for a rental car before we dropped off the Murano on Monday and they said no, they don't do that. Well, today, when they called to say that the CV axle needed to be replaced, but the part wouldn't be in until tomorrow, they finally offered up the rental car. I thought they said they didn't do that, but whatever. I'm not going to fight it. I left work early with Rachel, so she could drive me to pick up the rental.

We got stuck in traffic due to a horrible fire that destroyed a condo building and I was worried we wouldn't make it on time (the building was still under construction from Ike so very few people were actually living there). When Travis originally talked to the crappy tech, he said we had to be there by 4:30pm. I called the dealership to see if it would be possible to come in later because I was stuck in traffic. The crappy tech finally admitted that if we were there by 5:30, we could still get the rental.

We made it to the dealership just after 5pm. Enterprise came to pick me up 15 minutes later and I was quickly put into a 2008 Nissan Xterra. Bright frickin' yellow. Shouldn't be hard to find my car after work today! While he was processing my car, the Enterprise guy said that usually when a client is put into a rental car under payment by the dealership, they fix the vehicle in a more timely fashion. I wanted this dang thing three days ago, so I was getting this rental. If the Murano is fixed and ready to go tonight, at least Travis won't have to leave work early to take me up to get it. I will be able to do it myself since I have the Xterra. And if it's not ready, then I still have a way to get around in the meantime. WHAT A PAIN!!!

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

We were wondering who was at your house yesterday!!! I dated a guy who had a bright cherry red Xterra...I loved that thing...although it doesn't drive well in snow!!!! If you continue to have problems with the Murano, maybe you could trade it in. I know you probably wouldn't be able to do it for a while, but its just a thought!

Powered By Blogger