Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stupid Car

There are more things wrong with it! When Travis and I picked the Nissan Murano out of the list of possible crossovers to purchase, we chose it because it seemed to hold its value the best from year to year. Plus, it drove like a luxury vehicle. We thought we were getting the most bang for our buck. Now it seems we may have thought wrong.

We've had numerous problems with the vehicle already. Read about that here and here.

The most recent problems I noticed about a week ago. One - the engine appeared to be shaking when I drove and was worse when I went over bumps in the road. I figured this was a broken motor mount, as I had this same problem in a previous car. Two - the steering wheel started to shake horribly when I braked. So, we brought the car in to get the motor mounts and the brakes checked. Also due? Oil change, tire rotation and state inspection.

Turns out, one motor mount was broken and the rotors are warped. I figured we'd be out of a few hundo, but to our pleasure, the bill was a measly $12.47. Can you believe it? I still can't. Here's the breakdown:
  • Motor mount replacement - covered under the power train warranty (that's the first time we've ever been able to use that darn thing!)
  • Warped rotor (caused by slamming the brakes, LOL!) - $325, we had to postpone this one because we thought the bill would be too large.
  • Tire rotation - $24.95, but 50% off under Car Care Plan we purchased with the vehicle
  • Oil change - covered under Car Care Plan
  • State inspection - didn't happen cuz the insurance card we left in the car was expired. By the time they told me and I was able to tell them I had a current one in my purse to show them when I picked up the car, the inspector had already left for the day. Guess what I'm doing today?

I'm not a big fan of mechanics - they always try to screw me over. I'm not a big fan of dealerships - they also always try to screw me over. Put the two together and what do you get? A dealership mechanic with massive levels of screwing me over. I feel a little different about this time around. It may have something to do with the fact that Travis was with me when I dropped off and picked up the car. I need to remember that...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger