Saturday, April 11, 2009

More dreams of Lil Wodie

I had another horrible dream last night that involved lots of walking around thinking I had my baby in my hands and then I would realize I had absentmindedly set him down. Then I would spend the ensuing stressful minutes searching for him. Usually I would hear water splashing and expect to find him in a tub of water, but then I would reach him and he would be fine. It was a bird splashing in the bird bath. Or another child playing in a kiddy pool. Oh and one time I left him on the hood of some truck Travis was working on in the garage and he was covered in engine grease. Needless to say, I woke up STRESSED OUT.

According to What to Expect When You're Expecting (WTE), my nightmare could mean the following:

"being unprepared for the baby when he arrives can reveal the common fear that you're not up to being a mother."

Oh great. I don't feel that way 100%, but I have had some worries lately that we are not prepared for the baby. For example, read my previous post about still having ten million books left to read with less than three months to spare.

The first half of the nightmare was more of a pleasant dream. Travis and I took turns changing his diaper and clothes and then swaddling him in different clothes and blankets. He was so fragile so we each went slowly. I could even see his face. The strange part about that is he looked just like me when I was an infant. All of my friends' firstborns look just like the father, so I keep imagining that he will look like Travis. I hope Lil Wodie looks like Travis. How cute would that be?!

As for dreaming about life with baby, WTE says:

"Dreaming about getting ready for the baby and loving and playing with the baby in a dream is practice parenting, a way that your subconscious bonds you with your baby before delivery."

Making up for not being ready? This is so confusing...

3 comments:

Alexa said...

OK, the fact that you own the book 'what to expect when your expecting' AND that you actually have an acronym you use for the book proves that you are prepared to be a mother....lol.

Not to mention that you and Travis are FABULOUS people and will make excellent parents. Don't let the dreams freak you out. I was dreaming about having sex with everyone when I was preggers....I wonder what the book would've said about that! HA!

Sara's Satire said...

I dont know if I believe WTE! Becoming a parent for the first time is stressful. There is so much that can scare you, but the truth is, when you hold that perfect little baby in your arms, it wont matter that you haven't read all the books, or even that you haven't finished the nursery. All that matters is that you are there to love the child and take care of the essentials. I promise you wont forget your baby anywhere.

Nikki said...

If I leave my baby anywhere I'm checking myself into an institution! How horrible would that be?

Hmmm, sex dreams. I don't think there's a section on that in WTE. LOL!

Powered By Blogger