Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Galveston County had a rough weekend

It looks like Travis and I picked a good weekend to go out of town. That storm that delayed our drive this past Friday came back again for a second hit Saturday. There was horrible flooding everywhere, including into many of the businesses in downtown Galveston that are still undergoing remodeling since they were flooded seven months ago in Ike.

Galveston as a whole took a beating. The island looked a little like it did after the hurricane in that dirt and mulch everywhere had been moved from their original home onto the sidewalks and streets. There was a gas station awning that fell over on Seawall, crushing a truck. Many trees that died in the saltwalter floods after Ike fell over in the combination of wind and flooding that ensued during the storms this weekend.

This island is being tested!


In baby news... At 31-weeks pregnant, I think Lil Wodie may have flipped over into the head-down position. I was reading that this should be happening any day now and I think it happened. Over the last few days I've been able to feel feet! So far, it has always been something large and solid, like his back, head or butt. But starting Monday, there was a definite change. Something tiny kept moving across my belly, near my belly button. If he has flipped into the head-down position, this would explain why his feet have suddenly made a show. It was crazy because Rachel was even able to feel the foot from the outside and move it back and forth. Ha!

The reading says Lil Wodie should be at 4 lbs and 19 inches head-to-toe. Also very interesting, his skin is no longer translucent. So, hopefully no more crazy dreams about a see-through baby. His kicks are getting so strong that when Travis was listening to him slosh around the other night, his head was bouncing up and down from all the baby movement. It's going to be so crazy to finally meet the crazy arms and legs that have been punching away at me for the past few months. =D

The baby shower Alexa and Stephanie are throwing for me is less than 2 weeks away! I am soooo excited! Not only does that mean a bunch of baby gear in my future (I can't wait to go through everything), it also means I can start buying stuff for the nursery again. I have been postponing any purchases so that I didn't buy everything off my registry before the shower. Although that would probably be impossible - I don't know how people could have a child without a baby shower. At any rate, I would feel ridiculous if I spent all my money on decorative items right now, only to find out we still need to buy a couple more important items (namely the rocking chair and co-sleeper playard) after the shower.

I feel confident that the closets are cleared out the best I could get them. The plastic drawers are in place ready to be filled. Now all I need to do is wait out the next week and a half. Luckily, things should be pretty busy this weekend. Not to mention I have this intense need to dust the house from top to bottom...

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Ahhh, enjoy the little feet sensations. What I miss most about being preggers is feeling Blair's little feet flutter along side my rib cage. It was so sweet, just gentle and amazing. Of course then he would kick me a good one, but it was mostly amazing.

Anonymous said...

Dusting the house from top to bottom, eh? Ahh, nesting :)

Powered By Blogger