Sunday, April 12, 2009

My first baby shower?

I need to give a shout out to Heather, a friend from work (and her husband too, of course). I might as well have had a baby shower yesterday because the amount of stuff they gave us equates to a party's worth of gifts!

She gave us a bunch of hand-me-down items, including three bags full of clothes, two bags full of toys, a high chair, a car seat, a travel booster seat and some feeding utensils. Plus, she gave me a DVD and book to read about swaddling. (More to read!) She ALSO gave us a gift bag that contained a million receiving blankets, cute burp cloths, clothes, diapers, wipes and more. I cannot believe how much stuff she gave us. It's unreal.

I'm SO THANKFUL for all the awesome people we have surrounding us that are willing to help us out. It really helps relieve some of the financial tension that comes with having a baby. Thanks again!



I have to mention a daddy dream here too. Travis told me that Friday night he had a dream that he went out and smoked marijuana and that he was going to get in trouble for it whenever he took a drug test at work. He was worried he was going to lose his job. Is that dad's way of freaking out about having a baby? Sounds like he's worried about not being able to provide for this family. Which is silly because he's working his ass off right now to make sure that doesn't happen. Maybe it's finally starting to eat at him?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger