Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

Oh my gosh busy weekend! All weekend long, we dog sat for Jenna's little dog, Halen. I felt so bad for him in the beginning because he was so afraid of Callaway. After about a day and a half he warmed up though.


Friday night, Travis and I went with Rachel and Scott to a crawfish boil put on by Ariel, Robert and their friends. I ate a bunch of crawfish, potatoes, corn, sausage and peach cobbler on the roof of some downtown store in Galveston, then went home tired and happy. The fun part is that was Rachel's first crawfish boil!

Saturday I spent the whole day running errands while Travis was at work. I went to Walmart to get some photos developed and I picked up some stuff for Easter baskets while I was there. I was so exhausted after just that trip that I stopped home for lunch and to put my feet up for a few minutes. Soon thereafter, I headed into Galveston to pick up all the baby stuff from Heather. I was worried I wouldn't have room for the groceries I wanted to pick up before going back home, but all was well. I bought all our regular groceries, plus the food for Easter dinner.

Saturday night, Travis and I went to another crawfish boil at his boss' house. I was happy to see it was more of a seafood boil, so I didn't have to eat crawfish for dinner two nights in a row. Travis was more than happy to devour 12 pounds of crawfish in two days. That's just not my bag, baby. I had plenty of shrimp (and of course corn and potatoes) to fill me up. Plus some chocolate cream pie that was to die for. Travis' boss and his family are so nice, I can't stand it. They really are pleasant people!

The woman who recommended the daycare provider who will be watching Lil Wodie was there. (Because she is Travis' boss' niece. Got it?) It was great to get to talk to her face to face about this babysitter. It is so hard to get Travis to find out details on stuff. Guys can be so bad about that. This woman's son is so smart and he loves the babysitter to pieces. I feel even better about this decision than I did before.

Travis had Sunday off from work. YAY! We spent the morning cleaning the house and prepping food for Easter dinner at our house. Ariel, Robert, Rachel and Scott all came over. Ariel and Robert brought us an Easter basket and everything required for dying eggs.


I haven't dyed eggs in years! The kit Ariel bought was really cool because it came with pretty sparkles to put on the eggs. FUN.

Dinner turned out great. Travis was SO MUCH help. I was really surprised actually. I guess he decided it was time to take over when I had a bout of feeling like crap and had to take a break on the couch.



After dinner, dessert and some caffeine imbibing, we played a game of Phase 10. Well, not the whole game. but a good portion of it. Everyone was exhausted and time caught up with us, so we had to cut the game short. I think we may have had too much fun because Lil Wodie had to keep kicking me to remind me to breath between fits of laughter.



Oh ya. I forgot to mention the monster chocolate bunny Robert got for the pregnant lady. If anyone is interested, give me your address and I can send you an ear. I'm only charging $10/pound for shipping...



2 comments:

Rachel said...

YAY for fun weekends!!

Sara's Satire said...

Wow...sounds like ya'll had a really good time...JR and I talked about stopping by after we got home, but we were both so tired from Easter in north Houston. I'm glad you had a good time!

Powered By Blogger