Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Third Trimester Begins

Yesterday marked the first day of my last trimester. Eek! Right on cue, the nasal drainage has increased 10 fold. I'm sure everyone is ecstatic to hear that, but seriously, it's bad. I don't know which would be worse, this being the result of a cold/allergies or the result of pregnancy. Honest, this is a normal and common side effect. I almost wish it was a cold, because this would probably go away sooner than three months (which is how long I have to wait if it's from being pregnant).

I have had issues with a runny nose for the past several months, but this is ridiculous. I couldn't breathe out of my right nostril Tuesday night. This resulted in me breathing with my mouth open, and therefore a sore throat first thing Wednesday. I'm still super stuffy.

Sara and Logan are sick. And Travis was sick all last week and a little this week. I don't know if Travis has a cold or if it's allergies, so it could be possible that I was infected. Awesome, huh?

Lil Wodie has begun kicking like CRAZY. His kicks are so hard now. They don't hurt, but some have been a little uncomfortable. It's a little annoying at night when I'm trying to go to sleep because he'll start kicking and it distracts me from being able to fall asleep. It doesn't wake me up, thank goodness, but it definitely makes starting the sleeping process difficult.

Supposedly these kicks should lessen in the coming months as he grows to fill the space. He'll still be strong, but won't have as much room to wind up those kicks. Here's hoping!

I think this shirt looks a little snug in the second picture. What do you think?



The first photo was taken at Travis' birthday party in August of last year. The second was taken last night at 28 weeks prego. The doctor's office weighed me in at 151 pounds on Monday. That puts me at +18 pounds. My recommended total weight gain is 25 to 35 pounds, so I'm doing great so far. If the baby really gains half a pound a week from here on out like he's supposed to, then I should gain a minimum of 6 more pounds, putting me right at the lower point of that range. Making plenty of room for wherever else pregnancy weight gain comes from.

The book I'm reading, What to Expect When You're Expecting, has started getting into some of the things I will have to deal with at delivery. SCARY. This is really going to happen. I'm starting to get nervous about the delivery. How horrible would it be if I crapped on the table in front of Travis?! I know the doc sees it all the time, so I'm not concerned about that. But Travis has definitely not seen someone poo on a table before. Ah, geez.

6 comments:

MommyQuinn said...

I was sooo worried about the pooing part too! I was like obsessed. But it never happened because I never got to the pushing part. You should read Jenny McCarthy's book about pregnancy she is so funny about the poo issue. By the way I snored so loud in the last part of my pregnancy that I would wake myself up. It was super loud!

Nikki said...

I read Jenny McCarthy's book while I was at work and I was literally laughing out loud. I'm pretty sure all the people in the breakroom think I'm a crazy pregnant lady now.

Alexa said...

LOL! Enema....

Nikki said...

AH! NO WAY. Not doing it. I'd rather crap on the table. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Ok... totally letting loose here, but you'll appreciate this... I pooped on the table during my first push. Dear Lord!!! I apologized to the nurse over and over again and was utterly mortified that it actually happened. Seriously, that's only stuff you read about in books and see in movies.
I can't beleive I just wrote that...

Sara's Satire said...

You are so funny! You know I think your face looks rounder in your non pregnant picture...not to say that you were fat...FAR from it! The poop thing will be an issue all the way until you are holding your baby...my sister said that een while she was pushing and was in so much pain, she just kept thinking "please dont let me shit everywhere!" I thought about it the whole time I was pregnant and JR just made it worse! He wasn't exactly comforting!!!

Powered By Blogger