Thursday, April 16, 2009

30 Weeks

Wowzer! Only 10 weeks left to go. Doc says is I go into labor after 36 weeks (that's in only 6 weeks folks!) that she won't stop the labor. WOH. I'm not freaking out as bad as I was about all the reading now. Because now I've dented the reading and I want to take back the knowledge I have just received. I know there are some pains involved in childbirth. I know this. We all know this. But to see them all written on the same page, next to each other? Too much to bear. I had to take a break.

Instead, I have spent the past couple nights trying to rearrange closets a little more. Rachel gave me a few Space Bags last night and they are a LIFE SAVER. Those five vacuum sealed bags have opened me up to a whole new world! I have space! In my closets! For other stuff! I was able to free up space and not fill it back up immediately. So anything I get at the baby shower will have a home.

Travis and I have decided to invest in some sort of drawer/furniture that we can put in the kitchen to give us more cabinet room for baby stuff (bottles, formula, bibs and eventually baby food, plates, bowls and utensils). I haven't quite figured out what this piece of furniture will be exactly, but if you have any ideas, let me know. I'm hoping for something a little more substantial than a plastic drawer set from Walmart (although Rachel may be giving me a couple for our closets).

To have room for this furniture, we have to get rid of Callaway's kennel in our kitchen. We are going to try leaving him out of his kennel today to see how that goes. He usually does really good EXCEPT that he gets into the kitty litter and proceeds to spread all throughout our carpeted hallway. Travis and I put up the baby gate we bought at Babies R Us in one of the doorways to see how well it works. It's doing great so far, so I may have to go update our registry. In the meantime, we're going to use a piece of plywood to keep Callaway out of the kitty litter. No tellin how much time he'll spend on our couch though...

I look rough in this picture. I am WORN OUT.



I look huge for 30 weeks. Compare me to this woman (another blogger I read). I'm a whale, people. A WHALE!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Stop yourself! You look beautiful!

Sara's Satire said...

You are not a whale....You are adorable! I have never seen a prettier pregnant lady in my life!

Nikki said...

Thanks guys! My belly button would beg to differ. It's on it's way out! And it's shiny too... weird...

Powered By Blogger