Wednesday, April 29, 2009

32 Weeks

UGH. Is it horrible that I'm ready for this pregnancy to be over now? Let's just say I'm a little uncomfortable. And I might still have two months of this ahead of me! I can barely bend at the waist - making picking things up off the ground slightly difficult. I have lower back pain that might be venturing into sciatica territory. Lil Wodie's kicks have reached insane levels of strength. It's to the point that it hurts sometimes if he jabs me in the ribs or pelvis just right. Today I'm suffering from a little round ligament pain on the right side. Oh, and for the past few days I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions ten times or more per day.

I had my OBGYN appointment on Monday and I told her that I had five contractions in three hours. She wasn't concerned and I wasn't either, since they weren't at regular intervals. I also slept through the night without having a baby, so that's a good sign, right? Travis thinks I'm going to deliver two weeks early. I'm all for that except that it would fall almost directly on our anniversary. I would prefer (although this is not a decision that is actually in my control) that Lil Wodie's birthday be at least a week apart from our anniversary. It would make celebrating each occasion a little easier on us in the future.

Every time I go in for a doctor appointment, they ask me how the fetal movement is and I LAUGH. I asked the doc a few weeks ago if I should be counting his kicks to make sure he's up to par, but she said not to worry about it unless I notice a decline in his activity. None of that here! This little guy is ACTIVE. ALL THE TIME. I honestly don't think he sleeps but maybe an hour a day. I think we're going to have our hands full with this one. At the moment, he is kicking my right forearm that is touching my belly as I type. I think he likes attention.

At the Monday visit, they measured my fundal height and found that Lil Wodie is still measuring a week ahead of average. Doc said there is nothing to be concerned about until he gets to be more than two weeks ahead or behind. I told her that at least twice a week I've got someone telling me I look like I'm having twins and it freaks me out a little. She laughed and commented that it's funny how people think they can talk to pregnant women like that. As if we are immune to remarks about our weight.

Speaking of, the other fun fact I learned is I've gained 24 pounds so far this pregnancy. I still have two months left and Lil Wodie is expected to gain a minimum of 3 pounds on his own before then. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get above +35lbs, as that is the maximum recommendation for me. Travis' new joke is "Watch out! Your about to pass me up!" That boy.

Doc also confirmed the head down position. Meaning Lil Wodie is ready to come out the chute whenever his organs are done growing. Yay for feet in the ribs!

This past Friday I stopped to get my hair trimmed at some little salon. The hairdresser saw my belly and says, "aw, how cute!" She asked how far along I am and then tells me that she is five months pregnant with a seven month old baby at home. !!! WHAT?! First thing that pops out of my mouth is, "Are you okay?" She said yes, but that her pregnancy is considered high risk since her uterus didn't have much chance to recuperate between pregnancies. No shit? I can't even imagine. She is essentially spending two consecutive years of her life pregnant or in recovery. (hello Jim Bob and Michelle!) Plus, she's going to have two kids under the age of 1 year. WOH. I feel for this woman. And I thought I was nervous...

Three days and counting until our coed baby shower. (I can't wait!) Then we have our birthing class the following Saturday. I think I will feel a lot more prepared after these two events pass. I'm hoping this kid holds out until at least May 27th because we have an infant CPR and First Aid class the night before. That's a class that I would like to have completed before the baby's big debut.

Ugh, seriously? I'm pretty sure his head is trying to find a home somewhere between my bladder and pelvis right now. If you'd like to see the insanity that is my internal anatomy at the moment, check this schematic out. Where are the lungs in this drawing?!?!

1 comment:

Alexa said...

:). I love to hear what your feeling right now. It brings back memories. During the last two months I was having braxton hicks every 5 minutes in the evenings....no joke, called the doc often. Remember I had to go into the hospital one night to have them stopped! No fun....however, all was fine. He lasted ALMOST 40 weeks. Saturday will be a blast.

Powered By Blogger