Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Astros Home Opener

Travis' boss wanted to show his appreciation for all the hard work his employees have done lately, so he decided to treat them to an Astros game. This was the home opener against the Cubs - which is the perfect game for Travis to go to since we were Cubs supporters when we lived in Illinois.

The guys got out of work at noon and were headed into Houston by 3pm. Since they got there well before the game was set to start, they started their fun at the bars surrounding Minute Maid Park. Meet Travis' girlfriend on the side:



No, not really. She's actually the Captain Morgan shot girl. =p In hopes of avoiding several of the $7 beers that are served in the ballpark, the boys loaded up on free shots and beer at a decent price outside.



Travis and his co-workers (his boss is the salt and pepper fella in the back)


Needless to say, Travis came home and made a trip directly to the bathroom toilet. He tried to give me a hug afterwards. I redirected him to the shower. My sense of smell is WAY too sensitive to be around any of that. Blech.

I'm glad Travis got to do something fun and random (even if it ended with regurgitation and a restless night). He has been working EVERY day for weeks. When he's not working for the company, he's rewiring our house or mowing the lawn. I appreciate his dedicated work ethic each and every moment that I miss him. I know he is working his butt off so we can pay off as much of our debt as possible before Lil Wodie makes his show to the world. I can't describe how much I appreciate it. He is a great dad already!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger