Monday, April 27, 2009

Nadya & Alexey's Baby Shower

OI, it was another busy weekend! This one started off with Nadya and Alexey's baby shower (she's due just five days after me). Rachel has spent the past month or so, preparing for this party and I think it was a success!

Rachel and Max


Nadya and Alexey (the parents-to-be)

I think there were almost 20 people there and there was no shortage of food! Sandwiches, bread and spinach dip, hummus and pita, chips, veggie tray, brownies, candy, cupcakes galore. Carbs and sugar - my favorite. I was amazed at how big I look in these photos. (I have a doctor appointment this morning, so I'll have the official stats later.) My pregnancy brain completely forgot that I was supposed to make a pasta salad and dessert for this party. I recalled this information on the drive to Rachel's house - about 24 hours too late. Oh and I forgot to bring chairs. We're lucky I remembered sandwich tray and cooler.

When I told Travis I couldn't believe I forgot about the food, he said, "I can." No softening the blow there. The next words out of his mouth were, "What's my name?" I got that one right though.



After everyone had arrived and had a chance to chat and eat for a bit, Rachel broke out the games. The first game was the Baby Food Taste Test. She passed around six jars of food and everyone had to figure out what "flavor" they were. I am dead serious when I say she picked out the worst flavors possible. I think that pureed meat is the most disgusting mush out there. And what did she pick? Stuff like Ham, pineapple and rice. And Lasagna and meat sauce. Even the macaroni and cheese was a little iffy.

The Russians seemed a little concerned that we feed this stuff to our babies. Kostya's face says it all...


That game was ridiculous, but the Dirty Diaper game was even better. Nadya was so disturbed by the contents of the diapers that she had to pass on that one. Ha! She has some
meconium surprises awaiting in her near future...

These dirty diapers consisted of nothing more than a melted candy bar. While I do have to agree that some of them looked eerily like some adult doodies, I mostly wanted to eat the contents. What smells more delicious than a melted Almond Joy? Hm? Tell me that?!

Considering that the only sweet desserts my husband likes are Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and ice cream, he won the diaper game. Starbuck's gift cards are AWESOME.


Rachel breaks in for a minute to take some photos.

During the gift opening, Rachel had one more fun "game" that involved setting a timer and having the guests-of-honor open their gifts. Who ever gave them the gift they were opening when the timer went off got another prize. Easy and FUN game. I won a Dove chocolate candy bar in that game. Just what I need.

Nadya and Alexey got a bunch of gifts, including a diaper cake from Rachel.

At the last minute, I remembered that I brought our video camera. Hopefully the video I took is done converting by the time you try to view it.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger