Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The 3rd trimester so far

I have finally started getting some of the symptoms that are common in the third trimester of pregnancy:

  • Swelling feet - which Travis is doing a marvelous job of massaging every night
  • Occasional swelling hands
  • Waking up 2-4 times to pee at night (and frequently during the day also)
  • HOT AT NIGHT (and during the day)
  • My feet appear to be spreading - with about half of my shoes I feel like someone beat in my big toe after a day of wear
I had a doctor's appointment on Monday at which my belly measured 31 weeks. I was only 29 weeks and 5 days. This doesn't necessarily mean I am 31 weeks pregnant. It is more likely that the baby is just big = my worst fear. The strangest part is I didn't gain any weight in the past two weeks. Somehow my belly grew, but I didn't gain any weight? This lack of weight gain is a feat in itself considering I went to two crawfish boils and had a gigantic Easter dinner this weekend. Dessert is a must after dinner every night now, so you'd think that would help me out in the weight gain department.

I feel better now that I have had a chance to get a gazillion questions answered by the doctor. She actually sat down so I could ask them without feeling rushed. It was awesome. I now know what to do if I go into labor, what is entailed in the circumcision and all the gory details about what might happen after I go into labor (drugs, episiotomy, etc). The next decision we have to make is who Lil Wodie's pediatrician will be. Arg.

I have spent the past couple of nights trying to figure out how to rearrange closest space (I swear this is impossible) and washing baby clothes. Travis and I are convinced that we will not have to buy any clothes for the first six months, maybe a year! I can't believe how lucky we are. After I finish finding a home for the baby clothes, I need to open up the toys and organize them according to age appropriate groups. Fun, fun!

Lil Wodie has started experiencing baby hiccups on a regular basis. Travis actually felt them Monday night. I read that these hiccups are actually hiccups! I assumed it was just reflexes or twitches of some sort. Nope! He's actually have a hiccup involving the diaphram. This pregnancy stuff is such a great experience.

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

Logan got hiccups all the time when I was pregnant with him...I used to tell JR, but he never believed me until after Logan was born and the doctor made some comment about him having hiccups...she asked if he had them alot in utero...All of a sudden JR finally believed me!!!

Powered By Blogger