Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Logan's 4th

After Logan's T-ball game, we went back to the house. By this point, all the grandparents had arrived, so there was a full house. After about an hour of chatting, we got back on the road to go to Gatti Town. It is an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet (with spaghetti, salad and dessert, etc) with a huge arcade room.

The party started at noon, so we were all hungry by the time we got settled in. I made Aiden and I a plate and then Travis went to get his food. Apparently Aiden was just as hungry as the rest of us because he sat there and ate until we were all finished. I'm sure it helped that Scooby Doo was playing on a huge projector screen in the room.

After we ate, we migrated to the arcade. Aiden was enthralled with all the bright lights, Landry was in awe and Logan quickly ran from game to game, checking everything out.




We saw the largest crane game I've ever seen in my life. I'm pretty sure all the plush toys were larger than Aiden. Oh and all I could think was "the claaaaawwww".




Did you spot Aiden in the photo above? Haha! His favorite game, by far, was the mini bowling.



It was so cute! The lanes were shorter than normal, and the bowling balls were the size of a softball. Aiden kept wanted to throw the ball overhand down the lane. We quickly figured out that the best way was to have him sit down and push the ball. That seemed to eliminate the urge to throw. After the kids had spent some time in the game room, we headed back to the table for cupcakes and presents.


I came across this Lite Brite when I was overwhelmed in the toy aisles at Target. I know Logan is really into action figures, but I never wrote down which ones. So when I was at the store, I was worrying about getting something he already has, or getting the wrong one. In the end, I went for more traditional toys: Lite Brite and Playdoh!



The funny part about this Lite Brite, is that it is a "flat screen". It appears that everyone is going thin and light, even children. The one I had as a child was this huge thing with a back large enough to house an entire normal size light bulb. When I tried to look up a photo of the Lite Brite I had, it was considered vintage. What?! Ugh.

Aiden threw a fit when we left the game room for cake and presents, so Travis stayed in there with him while I went to watch Logan. Afterward, I went to find the rest of my family. I found Travis struggling in a photo booth with Aiden. He did not want to sit still AT ALL. The photo was HILARIOUS. I plan to scan it to show the world, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. We pushed our luck with all three of us in another photo booth. I promise to share as soon as I get them scanned.

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

I need to scan our photo booth pics too...I am glad you guys had fun...I thought it turned out really great. Maybe next year we will have more kids at the party.
Again, I am so thankful you guys came...it meant the world to me, and I cant wait to see you again...only 4 1/2 more weeks!

Powered By Blogger