Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Top o' the mornin' to ya!

David, Stephanie and Wednesday made it in town in time for St. Patrick's Day this year. Then we called the Ramby's over to help us celebrate. I made corned beef and cabbage for the third year in a row. I made crap-ton this year. I did the meat and onions in the Crock Pot throughout the day, then added it to a pot on the stove in the evening, along with potatoes, carrots, celery and cabbage. There were LOTS of leftovers.

Since I didn't think the kiddos would be huge fans of the Irish meal, I made chicken nuggets, fries and corn for them. Aiden and Blair got a head start on their dinner before Wednesday arrived. Next year I'll have to find clear cups so they can have green milk!


Stylish in green, with GIANT green beers (in the mugs from Oktoberfest):



The Ramby girls enjoying the weather:


The sipping section (Aiden can't get up on the couch without a stool or help from an adult):


I miss these guys:


For dessert, I made my mom's St. Patty's Day ice cream. This recipe's not for the young ones:

Breyer's Vanilla Bean ice cream (best vanilla ice cream ever), topped with green Creme de Menthe and crumbled chocolate cookies (in this case, I used Girl Scout Thin Mints). It was divine.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger