Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day!!


So these are the colors Travis and I will be painting our bedroom. They will dry a little darker, but you get the gist. I had such a good time at Home Depot, despite going $150 over budget. Oopsie. Travis and I haven't been able to do a home project for months now and it feels long overdue. We also bought the chair rail and crown molding, which we'll be painting white. Unfortunately, not all of the chair rail and crown molding made it home with us. We barely made it 300 feet on the interstate before the tie on the planks loosened, causing them to scrape the roof of Travis' truck. Two of the planks broke in half and were lost to the road. =( We're going to wait to start the work this next weekend before we see if we have to go back and get more. It may be chaotic since JR and Sara are trying to start moving in next Saturday. I'll let you know how that goes.


I still felt a little pooey so I didn't help out JR and Sara with Logan this weekend. But I did catch them taking a break. Here's the view from my backdoor. The elderly woman who used to live there would sit in that chair Sara is sitting in and just stare at that beautiful flower bush. Gorgeous. I even thought about sneaking over and picking a branch or two for my dining room table... better watch out Sara...


To celebrate spending so much money yesterday, we decided to spend a little more and go visit Kai and Melinda for pizza and a movie. I love Papa John's. Just thought I'd get that out there. We watched a British comedy called Death at a Funeral. Why does it seem like everything is so much funnier with a British accent? (See Exhibit A: Charlie Bit Me) Melinda is temporarily moving in with Kai while she is between homes. It was hilarious to watch the two of them trying to blend in the same household! Melinda likes to test Kai. Kai likes to have panic attacks. All I have to say is cats in Kai's house = no no.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger