Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekend Madness

As usual, our weekend was an entertaining one. Not only did we keep ourselves busy, but we had great weather to enjoy. Right now Travis works Monday through Thursday at the plant and then Friday (and sometimes Saturday) for his old boss. He ended up taking Friday off so he could study for his test and he had his first chiropractor appointment ever in the afternoon. He was ecstatic to finally be going. He has a lot of lower back pain (most likely as a result of being a laborer) and occasionally he gets a migraine. He spent the rest of the evening fighting the urge to pop his neck and back. He did say the best part is it got rid of a headache he'd had all day. Just in time to freshen him up for the big test!

Ariel's boyfriend Robert had his birthday on Sunday so we went out with them on Friday night to celebrate. Since Travis had his test on Saturday morning we decided it would be an early night. After work we went directly to the bar that Ariel works at as a bartender. We always get "good deals" when she bartends, so we were rearing to go when she got off at 7:30pm. By this point we were ready for dinner and there is a bar nearby that serves AWESOME pizza. We got lucky and a guy we know was working that night. Talk about evening of hookups! I swear that pizza was three inches thick with toppings! I'm not used to staying up late, so when Travis was ready to go home I just stayed the night at Ariel and Robert's. Happy Birthday Robert:


Staying in Galveston was perfect because I was closer for work on Saturday morning. That was a quick visit and I was back home by 11am. Sara called while I was at work to see if I would watch Logan for them while they started painting the interior of the house next door. They dropped him off just after noon and Logan helped me wash the dishes, do my laundry and even do my hair! He's such a good little helper. ;oD That evening we went up to Chris and Alexa's for dinner. They even invited Shannon and Chris which was a bunch of fun! I love it when I get to visit more than one friend at a time.

Sunday, we slept in, then Travis made me french toast and muffins. He spoils me. =) Soon after we headed to the beach with Callaway. Unfortunately we forgot the camera and a towel to dry any soggy dogs that tried to get into my car. I also dressed for summer since it was so warm at my house. Ya, that wind I mention occasionally was definitely out to play. I ended up sitting in the car while Travis wore out our dog. That afternoon I met Shannon for our weekend walk. The weather was great for a stroll and I'm sure it helped that we had some wind-block from the trees in the park.

When I got back that evening I ran over to help Sara paint for an hour before heading home to make dinner. Yummy enchiladas. During our meal we watched a movie called Bubba Ho-tep. If you haven't heard of it, let me tell you it was STRANGE. Something about Elvis and JFK fighting a mummy while in a retirement home. Chris and Shannon loaned it to us and dang they must be wierd too. I guess I already sort of knew that. Teehee.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So who wants to be normal??!!

Powered By Blogger