Friday, March 7, 2008

Million Baby March

I know I keep moseying back to this subject, but here we are again. Babies. I suppose it's unavoidable at this point. It's not like I expected all my friends to wait until I was ready to have babies. I guess I just never thought about the fact that everyone will start their own family in due time. I do enjoy having all these little ones around, but sometimes it is overwhelming for me. I was looking at my computer calendar this morning and I cannot believe all that is going on at the end of this month. I am therefore dubbing this March: Baby Month.

First, I am fortunate enough to be able to talk to my friend Chrissie in Illinois frequently and get updates on her pregnancy. She just had her first appointment and is now looking forward to the next one because they'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat. We have also been discussing her baby shower that I plan to attend when we visit home in June.

Second, Logan's first birthday is March 23rd. That is the weekend before Sara and JR are planning to move into the house next door. Therefore, they are postponing his birthday party until the weekend after. They are just having close friends and family over and they plan to grill out. Props to Sara because I don't think I would be ready to throw a party the same week I relocated my home!

Third, that very same weekend our friends David and Stephanie are coming to visit us for a week and they are bringing along baby Wednesday. I am soooo excited to have that little girl in our house for that much time. I feel like I'll have a firsthand look into what goes into baby rearing. =) I already know that they have to get up every two hours to feed her, but I want to see what has changed since we went to visit them over a month ago. She's almost eight weeks old now and David said he thinks she's gained a pound or two. That doesn't sound like much to me, but then I think about how little she was and realize there's a chance it does make a difference.

Lastly, our friend Alexa is due to have her c-section on March 24th. That is a Monday so I will be at work and she has mentioned that they may just want that first day to themselves. I plan to go visit the day after, to give her a chance to rest up and spend some time with Chris and Blair. If for some crazy reason she happens to go into labor this next week, I get to be in the delivery/surgery room for Alexa! I'm nervous and would feel sorry for Chris, but that would be so exciting. I might not be able to resist looking over the curtain...

FYI - Travis is taking his Journeymen's test tomorrow (Saturday) at 8AM!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger