Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Last Real Meal of the Week

Woohoo! Ariel and Robert came over last night for dinner! It's been a LONG time since I've been able to spend any quality time with my sister. I have seen her here and there, but usually in a party atmosphere where we don't really get a chance to talk. I've been wanting to stop by her apartment after work, but she keeps insisiting the place is a mess and she doesn't want me to see it. Silly girl. Anyways, she finally made it over to our house last night. We had white chili (Mom's recipe) and corn bread, then went outside to play Ladder Golf. Travis made some improvements to the game after our Sunday test run. We quickly learned that the PVC needed to be glued together and we needed some form of weight on the bottom of the ladder. Travis' fixes were perfect!

While making dinner last night, I cut my finger on can AGAIN. Not as bad this time though. I was thinking maybe I should stay away from opening cans. Although, that might be close to impossible. I always keep canned veggies and beans on hand for those days when I can't get to the store and we don't have any fresh veggies in the fridge. And I absolutely refuse to soak beans overnight in water before cooking them. That requires thinking WAY too far in advance.

OH, and funny story. This morning, when Travis was leaving for work, I went into the kitchen to refill my water glass and do you know what he was carrying out the door as his "breakfast"?! ICE CREAM!! With chocolate in it! I wish I could eat the way he can. Well, sort of. Then I'd have to work long, hot, laborious days at the plant to balance it all out. Um, no. I guess he has semi-good reason to eat that first thing in the morning. We have almost no food in our house. It is ridiculous. We need to go grocery shopping so bad. Thank goodness for leftovers!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger